Why dont Famous Musicians or Artists in general spend time in online forums?

charlie clouser of Nine Inch Nails fame

2 Likes

I believe Tycho has been on Gearslutz in the past giving advice on music production.

3 Likes

Yep. IIRC he posted their for some time and people thought it was just some random dude that chose his artist name as user name.

He wrote a lengthy post giving general advice on production, sound design etc. and then someone asked if it was really him^^

4 Likes

cause we’re a bunch of as$h0l3s

10 Likes

Lol exactly what I was thinking

I imagine a lot of us are mainly on here (or similar) while at work. most famous musicians don’t have desk jobs.

8 Likes

they do for sure

1 Like

we do … and just post shit to wind everyone up!

:speak_no_evil:

x

3 Likes
  1. they already know everything they need
  2. they have no time
  3. at last, they have to rest from anything music-related sometimes

… this is a great fishing thread though :ok_hand:t2:
:fishing_pole_and_fish:

2 Likes

sean from autechre said he spends a good 8+ hours every day working on tracks which in recent years probably means programming in max.

so, having a serious work ethic is why most successful people aren’t dicking around on the internet all the time.

edit: also, most of them are busy… plans for touring, promo stuff… wife and kids etc. when you’re going from thing to thing you’re not gonna get into arguments about dumb stuff on the internet.

12 Likes

Because they know what they’re doing.

I’m a professional designer, I don’t ever visit any forums to do with design because I already have the skills and knowledge I need.

7 Likes

They’re too busy spending money. Lol

2 Likes
  • Because they make music and don’t waste time talking about making music.

• they use different names. Iike Autechre on WATMM

• social media/internet is a waste of time. (I just lost 1min of my life just now :frowning: I need to rethink things)

4 Likes

This imo!
I mean, i cant imagine anything technical autechre boyz could learn from us that matters to them that much thats worth hanging around here.
But im not here for technical reasons either… at least not any more

lol

When you get to make music for a living, why would you waste time typing about music?

6 Likes

Sweep the leg, @Aen!

Take a look at your own jobs. Account? Used car sales person? Plumber? Would you join a forum on any of those? If you’re a student or apprentice, maybe.

4 Likes

If you buy a piece of elektron gear you will eventually visit the forum to figure out how to use it properly. Celebrities no doubt have problems with pick up machines and that blasted Octatrack manual too.

2 Likes