Why dont Famous Musicians or Artists in general spend time in online forums?

Thanks, it’s one of the few I felt “came out well” even though it’s quite simple. As if though, I’m not into the digital side of life right now and the fiasco here proves why, and well, performances are nowhere in sight, as a non-established artist living in a no name beach town music doesn’t have much of a future for me. But I do for it!

I just finished rendering a quick video of my first take on synthwave/vaporwave… off topic though, maybe I’ll post it unlisted only for Elektronauts forums.

It’s the first track I’ve ever made with a genre in mind.

3 Likes

That was hella dope imho! :hushed:

1 Like

i’m not famous yet, but i noticed one thing.

once i’ve got gear setup i’m happy with — i lost my interest to hanging on forums.
because when everything works, there’s nothing to discuss.

8 Likes

Interesting question.
We are here because we lack a certain type of community to share our interest with.
I believe that artists who are succesful are so in great part because they have found such community around them in real life, so they don’t need such forum.

7 Likes

I see Stimming and Anthony Rother posting regularly (not here of course) and probaply countless others that are using a pseudonym.

Forums aren’t only about asking for advice and some users answer way more questions than they ask, if at all.

When I was into goa/psytrance years ago we had some pretty well known artists posting at psynews (and isratrance I think as well)

They still haven’t figured it out.

1 Like

100%. They are probably in regular contact with other artists.

2 Likes

He also challenged Point Blank Music to deconstruct Chime, so Ski Oakenfull from PBM did.

It wasn’t a proper deconstruction though as he sampled some of the parts, but got the job done.

I guess most people are too busy to use forums (I can go weeks away from them) and when we see what happened to Uli from Behringer on gearwhatsitsface, then probably better to avoid getting involved with hecklers when you say/do something stupid

1 Like

You can find us on cameo or only fans.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a matter of scale. Smaller forums maintain culture and douchenozzles much better than the bigger ones. Sometimes the answers are even better!

1 Like

There’s famous and there’s Famous though.

1 Like

What’s wrong with it currently?
Ps :slight_smile:

I only joined here because a friend said that Terrence Trent D’arby was masquerading around the place pretending to be a bunch of middle aged white geezers. I thought he was at least 8 of you. Word on the street is that he’s quite the troll around the synth nerd community.

What a voice tho…

10 Likes

Ah, Terrence Trend D’Arby, subject of the worst Rockbusters in history.

1 Like

In another world imagine if we were all famous but masquerading behind failed musicians on this forum:)

Btw im really Paul Macartney, time to come clean.

2 Likes

They’re all on the Clubhouse app, chatting to Elon Musk about his latest EDM banger

1 Like

Kenny Larkin is on GearSpace. I remember a funny post where someone posted one of his old tracks and asked if anyone knew what synth(s) were used. Larkin himself responded (his username was Larkin something), and the guy proceeded to argue with him, saying he doesn’t think it can be that, because blah blah. People dropped hints, without giving it away outright, but he kept on arguing until the penny dropped a few comments later. Tbf the guy took it in good humour when he finally realised.

Also, when the new Prophet 5 was released, and it turned out there was a manufacturing fault in the early ones (the filter didn’t completely open) Larkin said that he is considering not getting his fixed because he liked the way it sounds. There were also people calling him a idiot because he “can’t hear how bad it sounds”.

8 Likes

That explains everything.

nothing. it’s just how the brain works.
if i used to check forums daily for years and post something, my brain ritualized it.
and the brain gets anxious if i don’t do it — regardless of my real interest.
after some time it should stop compulsive forums checking as well.

2 Likes

Same thing aint it? John Barnes/Jimmi Farnham homogenous crap singer