Why did the RYTM MKII just price drop then disappear from Aussie store and out of stock on the Elektron website?

Bought out by teenage Engineering

It will mosty probably be Covid supply chain delays. It would be highly unlikely that Elektron is replacing these models Although it would be a nice surprise!

Was going to buy a Rytm Mk2 but as it says its out of stock. I looked back at when the ryytm Mk1 was out of stock, it was around May 2017, later on that year around September - October 2017 they announced Rytm Mk2. So my hunch is they might will be releasing an Rytm Mk3 soon. So im going to be patient and wait.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. But I gotta say 2020 is a very, very strange year because of COVID. So don’t hold out too long. It might be a fool’s errand.

3 Likes

Why on earth would they do that? What would they add to it?

Its been out for 2 years. Elektron stuff has atleast a 5 year stretch.

2 Likes

I just walked into my local guitar center and it was sad. There was hardly any inventory for electronic musicians. Covid 19 has definitely affected their supply chains

1 Like

Wasn’t the RYTM MKII plagued by build quality issues anyway? The staff at the store I go to said they have never had so many warranty returns as they have for this unit. Maybe Elektron has been working out the issues rather than just manufacturing more dodgy MKII units?

1 Like

That’s mostly due to the pads. The mkI (which I have) was also often returned because of the pads. The pads are indeed awful, and prone to fault, but the machine is still amazing.

I think I stated this in another thread: the reason for the mkII’s was mainly because the items used to build the mkI’s was getting too hard to come by. If the parts used for mkI’s were plenty and cheap to get, we would maybe not even have seen the mkII’s at all. That could tell us there is no real urgency from Elektron to keep designing new Marks. Seems they rather look forward and keep building new products, and only updating the old ones when rather necessary from the companys point of view. That’s what I think at least.

2 Likes

Here in UK it is out of stock everywhere with a waiting time of 2-3 weeks also the A4 with some retailer

2 possible reasons

1 manufacturing delay
2 no immediate restocking cause something new is coming to replace mk2

Hopefully it’s something new, so prices will drop and I’ll bag a MKii.

I think by now Elektron are running at a loss with the Rhythm Mk2 with all the problems and returns. Maybe they have had enough and stopped making them?

1 Like

Weird conspiracy theories all round…the ARmkii didn’t even drop to the pre covid price…the price it came down to in AUS was still up on the Feb price…and ALOT of gear is in short supply, even mass produced Behringer, TC electronics, zoom are order only and not in stock…i have been watching gear closely in AUS and none of the above comments have anything to do with a “discontinued product” or “dodgy behaviour” my ARmkii is rock solid…

3 Likes

I bought a store used rytm mkII and yeah the pads are less than average compared to my old trusty launchpad. But besides that it’s a beast. Tho I got it $1000K less than full price. So I couldn’t complain. I think it’s just dried up supplies tbh. The real aftermath impacts of covid are starting to be affecting everywhere I think, like Australia’s first official day of recession started lately. Still waiting for the hydra synth to land is Aus but still no luck.

2 Likes

Pretty sure I’ve seen ess comment is only a very small percentage overall that have had problems… it’s just you never hear about it when everything works properly
only when there is a problem

7 Likes

Thats very true

1 Like

Stand by it.

3 Likes

:facepunch:t3: fist bump

1 Like

Got a Rytm on the way. There’s no way they’d drop a new successor or something else that competes in its space already… right?

Right? :worried:

Does it matter if it does?
You have a sick box on the way. It won’t be any less sick.

You don’t always need latest.

5 Likes