Why did the RYTM MKII just price drop then disappear from Aussie store and out of stock on the Elektron website?

I understand that mentality but there are concessions you take when choosing a box like the Rytm (or any piece of hardware for that matter.)

This wasn’t a whim of a purchase. I had to weigh the features and attributes I liked and disliked against other boxes for my specific needs.

I don’t care about having the latest and greatest thing but if they came out with something that better fit my needs, it would very much in fact be slightly less sick for me after making such a large investment.

And I don’t think anything is wrong with feeling that way.

E: I do find some comfort in the almost certainty that they aren’t releasing my dream machine. An 8 voice AnalogKey MK2 with sample engines available as an OSC choice.

2 Likes

I doubt there’s anything new on the way right now. Just slow builds like everywhere rn modular world is notorious for this kinda thing. Just gotta wait for some more stock to be built.

2 Likes

the box is as good as the user.

people still covet old shit. NORD G2! old old old…I WANT ONE! ha ha ha

good luck with your decision.

Ive got a mate in the skate industry that told me recently he has literally dozens of crates of gear sitting offshore, waiting to dock. Unable to come in due to the restrictions and backlog created as a result of C19 interventions.

The stock is there folks, its just sitting in a container out at sea right now.

2 Likes

“the box is as good as the user.”

:nauseated_face: yikes.

well crap m8. I guess I’m not a true musician if my jimmies would be rustled paying full price on an ARmk2 just to see it updated or replaced shortly after.

1 Like

Don’t feel bad…I’m not either. I’m absolutely terrible.

Autechre made this…

With this piece of shit…

Better than anything I’ve ever done with all the fancy gear I have/had had. :frowning:

8 Likes

That Autechre track is amazing stuff. Rei Harakami did some excellent work almost entirely with a Roland Sound Canvas too.

I get what you mean man. I might have taken it too harshly at first. At the end of the day its what you do with the gear, not the gear. 100% agreed.

I just want to stress that it is also a perfectly valid and reasonable response to be disappointed at seeing a new release directly after buying the previous one at full price.

4 Likes

Analog Rytm and A4 disappeared from Gear4music on line store.

Weird

I’m pretty sure Thomann just jacked the price in Europe from €1379 to €1522. WTF!

Wow that’s a lot of money

Yeah, it’s almost the Elektron factory price! Either it’s a blip (I hope others don’t copy them) or something is up with the whole supply/demand structure suddenly and they think it’s time to profit from it. On the other hand, if it was an end of line product, it would drop instead of jump in price, I assume. So it’s weird!

Edit: Seems that it’s all just a little bit of history repeating (yeah, Propellerheads reference):

I’ve checked in on the new price for a while now as I’m looking to sell soon. ~1500ish @ Thomann has been the norm for the last month at least… Longer I think

Are you sure? I might be wrong but I’ve been checking there regularly, as well as in the UK, because I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on one soon. Wunjo is London has it at a similar £1259 (roughly €1370), for example:

https://www.wunjoguitars.com/shop/rhythm/

It is weird cause both Analog 4 and Rytm are removed from the Gear4music website

They usually have in stock between 10-20 units of each

Gah, it’s a mystery. If only COVID wasn’t here to throw a huge curveball into our need to discuss the possibility of new products haha. It’s probably just the virus messing up supplies :frowning:

At Thomann yeah… I looked once a week or so and it’s been 1500 for a bit

Maybe it fluctuates :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Quick question. Do people pay this hyper inflated prices, or is it just a deterrent? Conspiracy.

I guess people considering it for the first time wouldn’t know it was ever any cheaper. But yeah, if there aren’t many left, it makes sense to try and get full price for them

I will be the devil’s advocate. If you want a new high-end-flagship-top-of-the-line-future-proof-high-tech devices from Elektron, you got to give them the ressources.

Moog Audio here in Canada has the AR and A4 discounted.

https://www.moogaudio.com/en/elektron-analog-rytm-mkii-50547

https://www.moogaudio.com/en/elektron-analog-four-mkii-50555

2 Likes