Why buy an A4 MKII and not just a MKI? (your advice please : )

I have to remind myself occasionally, when just playing with the A4 on it’s own, that I actually got it for its polite DCO sound. On purpose. Then I plug the Minitaur into its CV :relieved:

1 Like

yea I test drove my MKII A4 at a recent jam session and the bass cut thru the mix.

I don’t like the massive size increase however and prefer the look of the black box MKI version.
The screen is much nicer OLED display however on the MKII and buttons more tactile touch friendly.

I am tempted to return mine and buy a used A4 MKI and use the difference to fund a small Eurorack module, thoughts?

Yeah I mean if the bigger size is a problem for you then maybe you should. I personally wouldn’t for the reasons I mentioned. But different strokes and all that.

Hey there, I am new to the elektronauts with a A4MK2 - and I’m loving it. Bought it as B-Stock from a large Distributor for approx 1000 Euro without any scratches. The reason why I picked a MK2 was the deeper bass and the individual outs. I connect it to my MatrixBrute and my DrumBrute and it sounds awesome. And when Elektron brings a MK3 in 2 years or so I get more money fpor my used MK2.

I wish the old YouTube annotations were still possible. I’ve added a comment in the comments, but you won’t see it unless you look for it.

2 Likes

from my short test drive of an Analog Four mk2 it was obvious that the ladder filter sounds way better.

All this talk is making me want an A4MK2!! But I’m a one-table guy and I already have an Ms-20mini, A4, and Analog Heat so I guess I don’t really need it. :nyan:

One table, multiple heights :wink:

2 Likes

You will not miss a thing with mk1

1 Like

Thanks for the precision. I was quite surprised about your introduction with the filter 2 mod, and hopefully read your comment below. :wink:

But you want it…:smiley:

Yeah, I know. :panda:

1 Like

:diddly::elan:

1 Like

Could get a great deal for the MKII. The guy bought it two months ago but barely touched it because he eventually was ‘more into vintage synths’. :wink:

Thx for all the advice/opinions. If anyone has useful tutorials that I HAVE to watch: let me know!

2 Likes

Not too big then ? :wink:
Congrats.

Nice.
I really want to hear the difference to mk1 in person.
Want a second one. 1 A4 is not enough :upside_down_face:

Appeared to perfectly fit in my lap eventually :blush:

The cheapest MKI I could find was 750 in my area, the cheapest MKII 925 euro’s. So I didn’t bother trying out a MKI anymore. Would like to use them shoulder to shoulder one time in the future tho.

I really dig the mk2. I had the mk1. The screen is so much nicer and the overdrive is nuts! I do shoegazer type stuff and this this is insane! All my patches sound the same…in a killer way!
Sold the mk2 and had to re-buy it!!!

3 Likes

Sill thinking about an upgrade, it’s crazy how the opinions regarding sound improvement differ.
Some say nearly no difference, some say minor difference some say huge difference, some say sounds like a new synth. Mystery

2 Likes