Who's using an A4 cv to Modular?

bluewolf, here’s the link again of the DPO saw output processed through a Dual Borg. I love the Dual Borg - also works super great as a dual LPG, self oscillating filter>LPG combo, quick and dirty mixer and overall mayhem bringer. [https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/492470/Gear%20Demos/DPO_Saw_Borg.MP3](https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/492470/Gear Demos/DPO_Saw_Borg.MP3)[/quote]
Thanks for that Suicidelane!
Here’s a Filter shootout I came across.
Both the Frequensteiner & the Borg sound great to my ears, maintaining weight as they sweep. The Borg has it on self OSC tho!!

Haha, who needs a drum synth anyway, though? :wink: How do you like the uScale? I’ve been planning on getting one with the batch I’m going to get with my tax return money, but not sure I want to prioritize getting one over say a Brain Seed. I initially wanted both, but need to prioritize the order in which I get things.

So far, the wishlist looks like this;
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/97801

Anyone got any bad experiences with any of those modules, or have suggestions for better modules (or more value for money modules) than the ones in there?[/quote]
Looking at that system, I don’t think you even need a quantizer. René is quantized already and PP is tuneable should there be a need for it. Otherwise it’s just a waste of hp in my opinion.
I had one on loan for a short time and it seemed pretty redundant. The fact that the interval can be locked to a scale is nice but that was about all.
As you’re sequencing from the A4 and rené your need for quantization is pretty diminished. [/quote]
Yeah, you’re right. I’ve been thinking that too, but have had this idea in my head that it would be cool to try it hooked up to a Wogglebug (or another random source), but it’s really not worth it just for that. Thanks for pointing it out. :slight_smile:
The Filterbank looks incredible, but it’s quite expensive and not a lot of shops seem to have it in stock, so I’ve decided to wait with that for a while, get something else instead.

Yeah, 24u of eurorack, macbeth mk1 5u modular, xoxbox, machinedrum, octatrack…

Sequenced from flstudio into ot, into everything else… & silentway (not working in fl 12 alpha)

Absolutely mental setup … Me & my mate ed Chamberlain are starting to get our heads around it … already sounds the most crazy poly rhythm madness… I’m happy how crazy you can get without it sounding shit with these boxes

Ok mind made up.

http://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/79949

Well that’s if Daisuk has left anything on the shelf for anyone else :joy:

Haha, yeah, I’ll let you guys have the leftovers. :smiley: I’m sitting here every night flicking modules back and forth from that rack, figuring out which I should be getting to get the most out of it. I’ll get this big money injection now, and then it’s going to be pretty low for a long while, so it’s important I get it right. I should of course just get them a few modules at a time, but that’s not going to happen.

Anyways. The Giskes Voice Rec! Feeding that signal into Maths and use as an envelope follower is pretty genius. Got some incredibly organic/breathy/stuttery envelopes out of it - loved it! Secret trick of the Voice Rec. I’m gonna do a video of it as soon as some lends me a decent video camera. :slight_smile:

Slowly the monster stirs in the deep!

Rene is the shit!

Nice melody! :slight_smile: I’m really looking forward to getting a Rene and just play with it. Seen far too many videos of it now, just want the damn thing! Hehe.

Wondering about getting an ER-101 as well, but still think it might be a bit of an overkill seeing as I have the A4, but the ER seems to be able to do a few things the A4 can’t (exceed 64 steps and set loop points, for instance).

The cool thing about rene is that it can do a lot of stuff that the A4 and OT can’t. It fills a gap in my studio. It’s also really hands on. So it fits nicely in my set up.
The ER-101 just looks like a nightmare to program to my eyes. It may be a breeze but it doesn’t seem like it can do that much more than the A4. Yeah longer patterns and yeah different loop points but you could probably achieve a lot of that with clever use of the A4 arp.
Anyhow, I am enjoying playing with the springray at the moment. Lots of fun. Optomix is next up (either that or MMG). gotta wait another month though but got so many new modules this month that I should be good.

The cool thing about rene is that it can do a lot of stuff that the A4 and OT can’t. It fills a gap in my studio. It’s also really hands on. So it fits nicely in my set up.
The ER-101 just looks like a nightmare to program to my eyes. It may be a breeze but it doesn’t seem like it can do that much more than the A4. Yeah longer patterns and yeah different loop points but you could probably achieve a lot of that with clever use of the A4 arp.
Anyhow, I am enjoying playing with the springray at the moment. Lots of fun. Optomix is next up (either that or MMG). gotta wait another month though but got so many new modules this month that I should be good. [/quote]
Yeah, that’s what’s so appealing about the Rene, that you can actually play it.

The ER is supposedly really easy to program, even though it looks quite tedious. I’m quite tempted to get it, try it out, see how it fits. Probably wouldn’t be too hard to sell on without losing too much on it.

How do you like the springray? I have to say I wasn’t impressed by the Intellijel demos at all. But I’ve never really clicked with spring reverbs, I guess, I think they sound really weird. Cool as a type of effect, but sounds odd as a reverb-type effect. The Æverb sounded way better to me, but looking forward to hearing someone using it themselves.

The Optomix is great, it really is. Especially for perc-sounds. :slight_smile:

But the A4 and OT can do 1000x more than Rene :wink:

But the A4 and OT can do 1000x more than Rene :wink: [/quote]
It’s not about one doing more. They just do different things so they compliment each other well.
Saying that, rene can do a lot of what the A4 and OT can do. You can even do parameter locks per step (only one CV though) using the maps and the untuned CV out. It can do a hell of a lot. As can the A4 and OT.

Daisuk. The springray is nice mate. I am still playing around with it. Made some cool sounds here https://soundcloud.com/nedavine/springray-fm-mayhem/s-UUwBP not a track just sound experiment.

grayscale.info has a module coming out that is a splitter essentially. also has LED buttons that are mutes i think… the leds light when signal is present. you plug your cables from the A4 into the module directly (a;; 1/4) and it splits the signal into your various 1/8th outs. i think he said it’d be FS in a month or so.

he showed it at the trashaudio synth meet in portland a few weeks ago. nice stuff.

Awesome. I’ll keep my eyes peeled. Not sure I wanna give up the HP but I may be able to wedge it into the gaps in my case.

Cool, that’s definitely more interesting than the Intellijel demos. :slight_smile:

The LEDs aren’t the switch type so they don’t work as mutes (I thought of doing that but decided against it for various reasons). The modules should be shipping in about 2-3 weeks, I’ll make a formal announcement then.

The Synthrotek EKO is great bang for buck! Had a friend help me assemble it tonight. Been toying around with it for a while now, and it sure has quite a few sweet spots! Mix turned all the way up, feedback at 1-2 o’clock and rate just at around where it sort of overdrives or cuts off - wow! Instant Flying Lotus-mode. Love it! Will provide some video and audio of this thing soon! :slight_smile:

EKO Fly-Lo mode demo (begins at around 36 seconds);

1:10 just takes it to another level. It’s worth £50 just for that, in my opinion! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I got my first modular gig coming up in a months time. Anyone have any advice? Gonna be using A4, OT and modular.

Sorry mate, no advice, just came in here to say - wow, what a fucking amazing module Rene is! Damn. Coupled with Pressure Points and the ADDAC Filter bank, holy crap, it’s a lot of fun. I had no idea that the access feature was as powerful as it is - it’s just brilliant for making incredibly subtle yet quite complex variations of your melody. Love it.

Good luck with your show, ned, I’m sure you’re going to be just fine judging by your videos! :slight_smile: