Who's Been More Influential: Aphex Twin or Boards of Canada

I can remember the first time I heard Kraftwerk a young boy. Computer world blew my mind.

So smooth so silky so robotic. I wanted to crawl into the speaker with them lol.

sounds wonderful

2 Likes

The more I learn about Rephlex, the more I see where Aphex took his styles and influences from.
I still, for my taste, didn’t find anyone to do it better than him though. It feels like he takes styles from somewhere else but makes it complete his own and excels at that

4 Likes

There you go

• AFX
  • BoC
  • Æ
  • Squarepusher
  • Michael BublĂ©
  • JS Bach
  • Kraftwerk
  • Pink Floyd

0 voters

11 Likes

I feel like this list is pretty much exhaustive.

4 Likes

I beg to differ.

5 Likes

Don’t know these guys.
Are they the Beatles?
Not influential.

3 Likes

Nickelback mate.

The only thing they’ve influenced is how much I avoid listening to commercial radio.

7 Likes

“The Beatles if the Beatles were good”

5 Likes

Hopefully not the haircut.

1 Like

Well I did have that haircut, but it was the mid-90’s so I feel ok about it.

2 Likes

I don’t really like anything BoC have done, I don’t like trip hop either, find it boring :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I can’t handle all these revelations.

First Craig doesn’t like acid, now you’re writing off BoC and trip-hop.

I need a lie down

10 Likes

No-one cared.

(I mean
 I love a lot of Mo’Wax and played two UNKLE lps just yesterday
 but I got the impression from a few places that Lavelle was/is quite hard work)

At least mine is rational, not liking a 303 is like saying you don’t like fun. Not liking BoC or trip hop is like saying you do like fun, but not boredom.

I’m all about the fun, @Craig is more your smouldering, intense and somewhat mysterious but also very serious guy, IMHO.

:rofl:

6 Likes

He is fine with it until the resonance tweaking starts, then all bets are off.

1 Like
They almost called hardbeat "amphetamine techno" to distinguish it from that trippy acid stuff.

Not at all true

1 Like

A bit rich coming from the guy who never tunes his kicks to his bass, and does not have an “elaborate mastering chain” no?

1 Like

Shadow agrees with you

I don’t think anyone who’s heard my music would consider any of that a revelation.

2 Likes