White LED light from the track-buttons are too bright

The Models have LED brightness and a contrast control on the screen itself. You get three levels of brightness, which is a great setup. I have mine at halfway. So, I don’t see why this shouldn’t be implemented on the Digis/OT at some point :slight_smile:

Edit: the screens already dim after 5 mins of inactivity, so it should be fairly simple, right?

Another edit: has anybody sent a feature request? It’s the best way of getting Elektron’s attention

5 Likes

After 3 years still a valid point to add a brightness option.

Although I tend to learn the Minitaur playing blind,
I would like to choose when by my self.
The Digitakt lights are a big contrast compared to other equipment.
Never new I was going to complain about such a thing on music equipment.

6 Likes

just get a lamp…

2 Likes

+1 for the option to dim the LEDs on the buttons. I like how bright they are but at times I’m working in a dark space and you can’t see the text below the buttons. Seems like a simple fix in the software could do it, not everyone wants to take their machine apart. It’s not being whiney, just a request. All the tough guys can keep them cranked!

8 Likes

I did, I posted in the feature request thread as well: The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Elektron answered they would put it on the feature request list.

I reckon that more tickets means it’ll get more priority…

6 Likes

Just received mine and after checking it had the most current OS the first thing I did was check for this thread even before I’ve started making music with it!

Come on Elektron, if the Polyend tracker can do this with their 1.0 software it has to be in the next update! My eyes still hurt a few minutes later.

Thanks for being awesome Elektronauts!

7 Likes

The buttons on the Digitone are way too bright.
It kind of spoils the fun for me.
Alsi, itis near impossible to read the text underneath the buttons with such crazy button brightness.

This should be priority in the next update IMHO

4 Likes

+1 It should be easy to set the brightness in any of the Elektron boxes, same goes for Analog Rytm MKII incl. the Pads.
Please Elektron, adjustable brightness!! Set it free… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Agreed. In a darker environment it’s quite distracting.
Best thing to do is to aim a desk lamp or mixer lamp onto it. Really helps.

2 Likes

Commenting as well - there is really, really a need to get a dim option for these LEDs. Who wants to sit with sunglasses at night jamming on his/her Digitakt? Every night session ends like Trump watching the solar eclipse. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

It is too bight even during daytimes as far as I’m concerned.

3 Likes

Sometimes when I need extra lighting taking a picture I just hold my digi above my head

6 Likes

I replaced led’s with UV ones, the tan on my face reveals the hours i spend on a pattern.

10 Likes

dimitone now!! please <3

9 Likes

Still no solution from Elektron?

2 Likes

I believe the octatrack mk2 had this implemented: reducing brightness of leds (in prefs)

So there is HOPE for dimitone users

6 Likes

I recently got an Octatrack and when i found the dim function i was sooooo happy. The Octatrack instantly felt like a way more professional device than my Digitakt. I love my Digitakt but my eyes hate that evil little laser strobo creature.

3 Likes

The LED/LCD brightness settings are on a semi-long list of possible improvements för the devices that dont have it. As alwyas no promises of when/what will be implemented or not, but just letting you know that we hear you :slightly_smiling_face:
Personally, I think it would be cooler with a darkness setting :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

20 Likes

Going to have to open my DT up and either use film, or pen to dim the lights. Been getting headaches. Such a shame. The DN doesn’t seem as bad.

1 Like

With that said, has anyone on here modded there DT/DN to lesten the light intensity? What product/technique did you use? I am wondering if I need to buy some sheets like this 3 X Neutral Density Lighting Filter Gel Sheets 24" x 24" 0.3ND 0.6ND 0.9ND | eBay, open up the box, cut out loads of little squares, and stick them inside the keys?

Is the suggestion above of drawing on the LEDs also a viable method (seems easier, but less reversible)?

Thanks in advance