White LED light from the track-buttons are too bright

c’mon ELEKTRON… are you listening to your customer base?! How bout an OS update that adds this minimal feature. It’s doable within the current structure of the DT, without adding any additional stress to the the “maxed out” abilities of the machine. DO IT!!!

8 Likes

+10000000
Way too freaking bright. Cenk must be almost blind now.

4 Likes

so you’re saying he can’t see the need for this feature… :rofl:

4 Likes

The DT is soo much brighter than the DN. One of the reason I am returning the DT and getting another DN…

Weird scenario I know but i cannot stand the camera like flashes

1 Like

Im about to this do this (not open the OT up but use filters) Do you still have them on?
Which did you use?

Thanks <3

Any plans to do these for DT or DN?

The outside film is still there, has not budged a bit. I used one of those tint clings for little kid car windows. i had one laying around from when my kid was smaller, but heres a link to a similar thing.

a m a z o n . c o m/Safety-1st-Baby-Board-Sunshade/dp/B002TMSXF6

(didn’t want to put an ad on this forum, so ya gotta remove those spaces.)

Plz fix for DT/DN/OT :pray:

4 Likes

Agreed, this is a must have feature. The LEDs are so bright on the DT and DN that I can’t see the labels for the buttons unless I have all the room lights on. I think I’d even trade an LFO for the ability to dim these fuckers!

3 Likes

Any real chance of this happpening?

2 Likes

Toughen up people :joy:
My room looks like a Christmas tree when all my gear is turned on.
Don’t sit in complete darkness staring at the lights.put on a lamp or something
When you go to nightclub the whole point is to listen to music and see lights and lasers etc.

A welding mask should do, awesome for stage presence… :smiley:

4 Likes

Sure hope so…

Doubtful however

+1 for brightness control

3 Likes

Why not open it up and increase the resistor values on the LED’s? That’s what I would do if they bothered me.

+1 too. that’s 3. for screen brightness control on DT & DN.

4 Likes

Because we’re mainly not electronic engineers… ?

Virtually every piece of studio gear with a screen on has a brightness and/or contrast control. So a perfectly normal and reasonable request.

And gear with lights as bright as the DT/DN tend to offer brightness options so people can use the gear comfortably in various environmental conditions. The DT/DN lights are so particularly, painfully bright that it seems very strange to many of us that there is not a way to control this. It needs it. A setup brightness control would surely be a fairly straightforward inclusion and definitely makes a lot of sense. Some of us would also like to reduce the flashing. Think of it as “accessibility options” if you like.

A faux-machismo nonsense argument, which is patronising to people with genuine health concerns about lights that are - objectively compared with all other gear - far too bright and are potentially dangerous.

Staring into bright, white flashing LEDs or hours is not good for you and there is plenty of medical literature you can read about this if you choose to.

7 Likes

I like the lights and they give you tons of information on what’s happening.
It’s not that bad if you don’t sit in complete darkness…

I’ve noticed on every single synth/drum machine there is always some people that complain about the lights…

I don’t mind if they added brightness adjustment but I probably wouldn’t change it

It is bad and I sit in anything but complete darkness. Assume others here are the same.

The lights give off a lot of confusing information too, see the DN’s mute states. A complete confusing mess! There’s another thread for that, anyway.