Which VSTi would you like to become hardware?

uTonic. Or even just a new MD :slight_smile:

5 Likes

NI Reaktorā€™s Sinebeats or Newscool.

Kilpatrick Audioā€™s Carbon sequencer reminds me of Newscool a lot.

3 Likes

Iā€™d love to see a full uTonic version in hardware! That would be crazy. I just canā€™t get into the Pocket Operators, so PO-32 tonic was a pass. Rather just stick to the VSTi.

2 Likes

A Serum/Iris 2 hybrid sampling wavetable synth.

1 Like

Canā€™t believe I forgot about Sinebeats. Maybe thatā€™s why I liked the DFAM so much.

+1 for Reactor

Diva, Satin, Plogue fx.

Funny that some suggest that a virtual simulation of a real analogue hardware should become hardware again :wink:

3 Likes

I would like to see digital/algorithmic instruments, which as hardware/software hybrids would no longer suffer from computer OS upgrades, activation issues, becoming abandonware, or other computer related issues. Buy it once and switch it on in twenty years without any bad surprises.

IMO a hardware and instrument specific OS can be reliable and last for decades without any hassle. My old ā€œdigitalā€ synths, gear, or workstations are proof of this.

So what would be on my list ā€¦

• Serum
  • Zebra
  • Thorn
  • Gladiator
  • maybe some granular stuff, but with more options than GR-1
  • maybe an additive synthesizer like Harmor
  • maybe a modular/digital synth-engine that focuses on algorithmic modules, which can be connected and arranged like a modular system, but not trying to be the next VA synthesizer

I hoped that Quantum would have been such a machine, but it wasnā€™t ā€¦

Arturia Minimoog

1 Like

Aparillo.

1 Like

BTW ā€¦ something like Diva as a hardware instrument would be:

• Origin (Arturia)
  • Modular (Clavia Nord)
  • Solaris (John Bowen)

I guess, Iā€™d want Madrona Labs Aalto and NI FM8.
Maybe Abletons Auto Filter in a desktop box, too^^

ā€¦forgot AAS Chromaphone/Abletonā€™s Collision!

Hardware uTonic !!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

The only one which came to my mind, it does however utilise its graphics kinda well so that would be hard to recreate - but something with its spirit, architecture and crucially sonics would be something else

I have never tried Madrona Labs Aalto. Pithsburg modular voltage lab seems close to it no?

Waldorf Attack.
Which was a hardware already, so just bring it back in the Waldorf/Pulse 2 case(or a better one)

1 Like

i would still like to see an hardware version of Synplant

3 Likes

There is that pocket operator, tonic where you can actually import instruments from utonic

2 Likes

Chromaphone 2

3 Likes