Which VSTi would you like to become hardware?

Since I decided to create music dawless, I have much more fun in the whole creative process. I am very gratefull to Elektron because I think they played a great role of making this possible these days.

Sometimes I just miss some great VST instruments and I imagine how cool it would be to have some of them in an hardware version.

The last one I am thinking about is UVI String machines 2, I would love to have all these string machines sounds in a Digi format with the Elektron sequencer.

And you, which VSTi you dream to see turning into reality?

3 Likes

Madrona Labs Aalto, as semi-modular CV- and MPE-friendly hardware. It’s as rewarding, deep, and playable as any hardware I’ve owned, and has its own quirks and features you can’t find in any other hardware or software out there. Any of the Madrona plugins would be fantastic as hardware.

12 Likes

phonec by psychic modulation hands down

7 Likes

A hardware Pigments !

6 Likes

We need a hardware bitcrusher/sample reducer with an multi-mode enveloping analog filter on the end that not only performs those effects in realtime, but has the ability to hold a sample in memory, then pitch it and play it back to get authentic aliasing from stretching the actual sample. Basically, an SP1200 with variable bit rate and sample rate is what I’m after.

1 Like

Ableton Operator and Wavetable

5 Likes

That would be great! along with Kaivo, with the physical plugable connections. They’re both layed out in a way that would be pretty clear how to make the hardware.

I’ve thought about Aalto, and how a Eurorack equivalent could be made.

1 Like

Serum

6 Likes

Ohmnicide would probably be the best distortion/mangler ever.
Omnisphere set up like a Voyager would be nice (I know of the hardware controller thing).
I don’t know how you’d do it, but Diva as some sort of hardware machine in which you could switch out components sort of like a 500 series drawer would probably be one of the best synth available.
Hive would also be pretty niffty.
Punch Box would be pretty fun to mess around with in hardware form.
Some type of box similar to the Collider that housed Valhalla reverb and delays would be a dream.
NI Raum reverb as a pedal would also be nice.
Soundtoys filter is one of my favorite filters out there. I use it’s ability to self-oscillate in a lot of my stuff.

Those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

2 Likes

Dune3

2 Likes

DIVA! It’d be the last synth I ever needed if it had a physical interface and didn’t crush my CPU.

2 Likes

I ran diva on my iMac Pro in divine mode and with a single xenon core it was 56%. When I used all 8 I got it down to 17%. 8 cores just to play some chords.That’s how crippling divine mode at 96k is. As a prophet 6 owner though I am very impressed.

Look at us popping off a ton of great suggestions – and i’d probably buy half of them.

With this conversion being pretty doable now, with the ELK Audio OS tools, i’m surprised more software makers haven’t grabbed the opportunity.

Since they’ve already built up a brand, they ought to cash in.

2 Likes

There’s more than a few companies have made both too, like the MOK Waverazor.

And of course all the third party developers that have developed a version of already existing hardware. Arturia did a CS-80 and a ARP 2600.

I agree, only Steinberg Retrolog so far.

1 Like

My other favorite VSTi <3

1 Like

I imagine how powerfull it could be if you transform a VSTi to hardware with an hybrid approach, like using real analog filters.

Spire :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Midi controllers are all well and good but a piece of HW that could load and control reaktor patches would be freakin outstanding!

2 Likes

A standalone Reaktor box would make me so happy

8 Likes