Which Free Elektron A4 Patch packs are not on standard factory A4?

Can anyone tell me which Patch Packs from Elektron are not on the Standard Default Factory Preset Slots?
I would like to know in advance, so I dont waste my time loading the ones from Elektron again, and then finding I have duplicates of them already in my A4-MKII. For example, I loaded the Lower Bass Patches last night onto Slot F, and they were the same ones on Slot D from Factory Presets.
Thank you.

I thought the factory presets are only in bank A. Did you buy it second-hand, with some additional sounds already saved by the previous owner?

Edit: Just checked the manual and it says banks A and B are overwritten by the factory sounds when you do a factory reset.

There’s a very helpful list of all the factory sounds for mk1 and mk2 in the files section and it shows that only banks A and B are filled by factory sounds. So somebody else must have loaded extra packs into your A4.

So to answer the question, none of the free Elektron packs are in the factory sounds.

What I did to find dups was do a full sysex dump of all sounds, then I wrote a a Python tool to extract the names from the sysex messages, and then go through that list to see what was already installed (and in some cases on my unit, what was already installed twice or three times!)

2 Likes

will check it out when I get a chance, been too busy to use the A4 for a few weeks. thanks

1 Like

Having trouble loading in Free sound packs for A4 mk2, doing everything as instructed, C6 etc. A4 says Waiting, nothing happening… What are the actual files called— .syx? or other… how much memory do they have average, these are like 51k ‘synchrotron’…for example/ or do i not have the correct download files for mac?