Which Elektron device has the best reverb?

When I first got the digitone, I wasn’t fussed by the reverb.

Then I discovered you can chain the fx through each other. Now I love the digitone reverb. Makes me wish the OT had send fx like the digitone.

The OT reverbs are ok, there’s some tonal thing going on with them that is difficult to mask, not to my liking.

Weird. Legacy FX is deselected by default. How come it was the other way around for you?

I purchased 2nd hand and built every kit from one kit that was already on the unit when i got it…

1 Like

Any idea why that section of the menu is missing for me?

Func + Mute

Strange.

Which OS?

That’s very odd. You should see this:

Followed by this:

You’re probably on an old OS like @Tchu said :slight_smile:

Edit: It’s because you’re on the FX track when entering Sound Settings. Exit FX track first!

2 Likes

It’s weird cause he has a new Black one.

See my edit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice one @craig!

2 Likes

One last question bc you are smart. Can the AR be playing an internal sequence into the daw and also be used as a midi controller for daw instrument - but not triggering internal drums. Basically disable pads for internal drum sounds, but send midi - while playing…

I don’t think that’s possible. Midi is very basic on AR, and it’s linked to the internal tracks/sequences. It’s possible to send midi through Overbridge without any sounds by switching off the synthesis engine and the sample layer for each track but you can’t play separate sounds and send different midi from the same track at the same time.

1 Like

Another day, another user finds they’re gonna need an Octatrack… which ironically does not have the best Reverb. Yet here we are.

3 Likes

Agreed. Dark Reverb was always my favourite :slightly_smiling_face:

I didn’t see any mention of Model:Samples reverb… I only own M:S and Digitone so I don’t know about the other machines but surprisingly M:S has the best hardware reverb I’ve heard, period.

Am I the only one who likes the simplicity of the Model:Cycles reverb?