Which Elektron device has the best reverb?

Curious which piece of Elektron kit has the best verb?

Best sounding: Analog Four
Most flexible: MonoMachine
Most reverbs: Octatrack
My favourite: Octatrack (Dark Reverb)

5 Likes

We can agree the analog rytm reverb is very meh?

3 Likes

Is there much of a difference between A4/AK, AR, DT, DN and Models reverb?

1 Like

No, afaik DT DN AR A4 all have the same verb and delay

3 Likes

Thx, I wasnā€™t 100% sure. They all have the same parameters, but wait, the models have less parametersā€¦(reverb size and tone, delay time and feedback).
Digis and Analogs seem to have the same reverb and delay.

My fav reverb is from the AK (so the all around Supervoid Reverb), OTs Dark Reverb is close tho.

And OTs plate reverb is fantastic for adding a little extra sparkle on all sorts of percussion, especially hats.

3 Likes

ā€œBestā€ is subjetive and to judge it you would have to have experience with all Elektron devices.

2 Likes

Not trying to bum anyone out, just wanted to hear everyoneā€™s subjective opinion. Iā€™ve owned nearly everything at some point - even the sfx-6 and Iā€™ll chime in and say analog keys has the dank verb of em all.

2 Likes

When I first got my DT I was surprised by the ā€quality of soundā€ and the reverb on that. It seemed to be a lot better than any of my earlier Elektron boxes. Iā€™d still say that the reverb and the overall colour of sound is better on my DT and DN than on my AK or the OT, MnM, MD or AR Iā€™ve had previously.

It could be totally psychological but even my bandmate whoā€™s somewhat of a ā€gold earā€ felt that the DT had some ā€magic sprinkleā€ in itā€™s sound and he really dislikes everything by Elektron usually.

2 Likes

Confirmed over three years ago.
Elektron Reverb Comparison

7 Likes

I agree BUT I have learnt its for adding ambience to samples, its just not like a studio or creative reverb where you can do all sorts of thing with big long crystal clear tails.

Once you accept that, they are actually OK to work with and have decent shaping controls. If you need a cool reverb you just have to use something else.

2 Likes

Yeah itā€™s great for hi pass and short metallic sounds.

I think it sounds great, especially for a reverb on a drummachine. Itā€˜s not a dedicated reverb box

2 Likes

I donā€™t know for other Elektron devices, but the reverb on the DT is better than every other reverb I heard on this kind of gears in this price range.
It also beat lot of vst plugins reverb but speaking about VST I feel valhalla is better.

1 Like

A4 reverb is better because it sounds great + thereā€™s an FX track with plocks and LFO. :tongue:

It tends to crack if you send too much bass though, so using the HP filter is almost mandatory.

1 Like

ā€¦tone and takt share the sameā€¦
ā€¦ot is on itā€™s ownā€¦
ā€¦not sure if rytm and a4 also share the sameā€¦but i love my a4 oneā€¦
and on there, fx got their own laneā€¦dunno about the rytm thoughā€¦
but a4 reverb differs defenitly a lot from the digiā€™sā€¦

The synth voices that hit the reverbs sound much different but if you send the DN or DT dry - into the A4ā€™s external input, through the reverb, youā€™ll hear it is the same reverb algorithm as the Digis (and AR)

In fact, you already can:

3 Likes

ā€¦i seeā€¦erā€¦hearā€¦ :wink:

:ok_hand:

Would it be true to say that even though the Analog and Digi-* have the same reverb algorithm, itā€™s curated differently? As I recall from demoing a Digitone, itā€™s reverb had fewer editing options than my A4. With the A4, itā€™s pretty easy to wander off the beaten path when editing the reverb, so that you may end up some place unpleasant. The Digiā€™s, with fewer editing options, may help keep you from getting lost in the woods. So even though itā€™s the same algo, it sounds ā€œbetter.ā€