Which delay pedal? Recommendations from users

Hey all,

I’m looking for a nice delay pedal for my Analog synth. Any recommendation’s on these 3 below?
I know there’s the Timeline but Iv’e owned it before and I didn’t gel with it .

After listening to demo’s on YouTube I’m swaying toward the Boss DD500, also I want a pedal with midi and all 3 of these have that.

Thoughts?

Rob

Haven’t tried any of those unfortunately. The polymoon by meris is really good.

2 Likes

Thanks will have a Google :+1:

Depends on what type of delay you’re going for.

OTO Bim is a nice 12bit stereo delay if you like that style.

https://www.otomachines.com/product/bim/

I’ve only used the time factor of the 3 above and it’s nice and versatile.

1 Like

I really like reverse delays and dubby stuff… Yeah that OTO delay is nice but pricey. I was wanting something to feed the Circuit Mono through.

Are they all digital units? Nothing wrong with that, but I’d be tempted to keep it analog. Have you looked at the Moog MF-104? It’s a beast for classic bucket brigade delays. Not the most flexible unit however. (I also had a TimeLine btw and ended up selling it on).

2 Likes

+1 on the Polymoon. Prefer Meris over Strymon actually.

Meris has midi? Or is it a tap tempo job?

Nemesis is the only of these I’ve tried but I love mine. Its such a flexible delay that you can get nice filter sweep, chorus and vibrato sounds out of as well.

1,064.17 Pound sterling (I think Rob is British, or at least lives there).

If you can find one :slight_smile:

True, it’s a downside. There are so many good Software FX. I use my pedals less and less.
I like hardware instruments but I’m okay with software FX.

Maybe I should sell all my pedals and finally get that Presonus 4848 for my 32 channel mixer and just use Software FX.

2 Likes

I have Timefactor and Polymoon. Polymoon sounds great and specifically does a few things very well - the cascaded dense delay stuff, and the barberpole phaser it has. Gets nicely spacey and atmospheric/weird.

Timefactor is more flexible but only two taps (though can be used as two separate mono delays). Has a nice tape delay mode. Is also a looper.

2 Likes

Yeah I have all the Eventide software but I don’t like using computers and a mouse hehe.
Was trying to use the MPC X more of a do it all. I can get the Boss RV500 and DD500 for around £500 gbp which is cheap.

This thread is hop’n

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 12.27.05 PM

:laughing:

3 Likes

I have Nemesis and TimeFactor. Two great delay pedals.

Zen Delay by Erica Synths and Ninja Tunes will be my next one.

The Timefactor is $400 USD, Nemesis $300, Boss $350… They’re all awesome but they’re expensive too.

Why not buy two vintage rack delays with modulation and pedal-activated hold function and use them in a stereo config, with full knob-per-function? If you go with the model I’m thinking of, you can be all-in for about $100 including shipping, about $50-$60 per unit. You will be missing a few of the things these modern delays have for sure, and you’ll have to hunt for a bit on the bay, but…

You’ll probably be really happy regardless of the choice you make here!

1 Like

I went through a similar process in recent memory and was strongly considering the Boss and the Eventide… I really liked a couple of the algo’s on the Boss and thought the the Terra Echo seemed like quite a unique mode albeit one trick pony.

Ultimately, I went with the Timefactor though as it has the dual delay for all modes and is much more hands-on for tweaking - if it was set and forget then I had plenty of options ITB so I really was looking for something hands-on and tweaky. Plus… a kind fellow Elektronaut made me an offer I couldn’t refuse for their second hand one!!!

Got it connected to my M:C just now and it’s great fun.

2 Likes

Who DOESN’T love a delay pedal?

I really don’t need another one but that Strymon DIG is calling…

5 Likes

It’s my least used effect and I’m mainly a guitarist haha. Just to be contrarian :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just made an offer before on eBay for a Lexicon MX400 XL and an MX300 both mint and for the price of a Boss pedal, regardless of whether they accept I’d still love a pedal for the Mono Station

1 Like

Haven’t tried a DiG but it does look pretty sweet

3 Likes