Which delay pedal? Recommendations from users

MIDI (5-pin) should be considered too. If you choose a MIDI (TRS), you will have to buy a MIDI Box.

2 Likes

Yeah I have a few midi boxes here. Great input in this thread thanks :+1:

1 Like

Because it’s PINK :smiley:

4 Likes

I like how you’re holding back here haha

Ensoniq DP/2 ?

1 Like

Haha, It takes a confident man to wield a pink delay pedal :wink:

2 Likes

All about the 12-bit mode.

And it’s pink.

2 Likes

I wear pink underwear. Does that make me a confident man?

4 Likes

Perhaps. I’m wearing a pink tuxedo as I type this, on my pink keyboard, in my pink castle. Still haven’t tried the DiG though.

3 Likes

Underwear do not make a man, they reveal him!

3 Likes

Eventide TimeFactor, Strymon Timeline, SourceAudio Nemisis, Meris Polymoon

My favourites

1 Like

My main axe:

Do I win a prize?

17 Likes

Nice!

1 Like
1 Like

Ooh, what about the Bastl Thyme? Looks amazing. Cenk uses one :metal:

4 Likes

I have my dignity sir. Also I do have an actual pink pedal, but it’s a fuzz (Catalinbread Karma Suture) and it has a tasteful picture of a vagina on it. It’s not a delay, though.

1 Like

Nice guess but… nope! It’s one I feel that is consistently undervalued, and I have FIVE of them!!! I haven’t paid more than $60 for one yet. I’m glad I bought a 5th because the feedback just stopped working in one of my others that are set up in a stereo trickle-down config. Each delay goes into a second identical delay and I can send the full dry or full wet into the second delay, or a mix. I have four footswitches set up so I can choose which delay line to hold and loop, and you can use the delay time to stretch the held audio waaaaay out or make it super fast, and the modulation works on the held signal. Amazing for making soundscapes to play over-top of. It’s a lot of fun. I’ll probably buy a sixth.

Oh and the Boss half-rack delays are super fun, RDD-10. I have two of these set-up for stereo as well and they’re awesome, would recommend for a synth for sure. I’m a strong advocate of these vintage delays!

Digitech Studio Quad?

1 Like

I love delays…

I had a timefactor, Nemesis, DD500, a memory man, the Polymoon and a Pigtronix echolution.

I sold the DD500. it’s definetely a capable unit, just I did not like how it sounds.

The Timefactor is great too. It has a lot of knobs, which makes it a real instrument on itself.
It self-oscillate quite nicely. Midi implementation on the Timefactor is super good.

Instead of a Timefactor, an option to consider would be an H9. It has no knobs, but if you are an Ipad user, the app is really great. It allows creating persets, and one of the parameters of the preset is the expression action. Really a great feature. It has many delays, and pitch shifted delays. depending on the model, you need to pay for the algorithms. and on top of the delays, you can add many modulation algorithms (but you have to pay for those).

The echolution from pigronix is really good too. It has an app to create presets. sounds very numeric, but it is different, and quite versatile. midi is solid on it too.

The Memory Man comes cheap second hand. There are different models. I use the “deluxe 550 TT” for analog delays and I love it, I think that it fits extremely well on analog synths. It has an fx loop too, and this is a fun feature. It’s mono.

I preferred the Nemesis, to me it’s the more versatile, the app control is great. One of the very cool feature of the Nemesis is the fx loop. I use it a lot, if you are in experimental sound design, this is really great (it only works in mono with the fx loop). It has a lot of algorithms, really covers a lot.

I had the Polymoon. It sounds beautiful, but I found it a bit limited. I think if you simply listen to one or two demos you instantly know if its to your taste. I sold mine quickly. Midi on Meris pedals works great, but requires a midibox.

4 Likes

There’s a few Digitech Studio Quads on eBay cheap.

1 Like

Yeah I love sound design I’ve done stuff at Waldorf for years, Pulse 2 etc etc etc but now I’m delving in to the FX market for my sound design. Great advice on here I’m googling stuff as you lot type hehe