Where have the boys from Boards of Canada gone?

Its been ages since they’ve been seen.

Are they working on a farm?

Where do you think they are?

7 Likes

According to Wikipedia they did a mixtape for Warp on 2019.

2 Likes

Maybe they‘ve accidentally tape-warbled themselves too hard.

26 Likes

They did - Societas X Tape for WxAxRxP

2 Likes

Any sightings though? Ive got this image of them working on a farm on a remote Scottish Island.

3 Likes

No but they did just find a mouse thought to have gone extinct 100 years ago, so we still have hope to see BoC in the future.

9 Likes

Quietly working on their next album, of course.

3 Likes

And it was great.

The obsessives dissected it thoroughly and I think they concluded that there were maybe 1 or 2 very brief snippets of original stuff, but otherwise it was a proper mixtape of other people’s material.
They’ve done a couple of remixes in the last couple of years, which were distinctly average IMO.

Hopefully (very) slowly working on new album at Hexagon Sun in the Pentlands.

9 Likes

They wondered why to bother with eurorack and lost themselves on modulargrid

21 Likes

…gone fishing…?..mayyybeee…

they got such nice weather over there these days…i heard…

1 Like

in scotland?

…nope…in canada… :wink:

commonwealth is commonwealth…even god can’t save the queen anymore…

1 Like

Will Scotland stay part of the Commonwealth if they leave the UK?

…too good question…

It took them around 8 years between albums last time round and they said it was because they wanted to take their time and they started to have families. So maybe we’re due for another one soon. Fingers crossed!

6 Likes

For a largely non-touring project like BoC, there’s no great financial incentive to churn out material and no great hassle from their label to get on with it, so I guess we’ll see them when they’ve got something they’re happy with artistically.
Which we all know could be forever, as no artist is ever really happy with their work.

6 Likes

And their QC seems particularly stringent.

4 Likes

In a beautiful place out in the country :grin:

27 Likes

sick of hauling your love around
want to run my train alone
yet the engine tracks straight through your heart
& weighs me like a stone

I think they’re spending time at a cabin somewhere, playing a drinking came where one has to read internet forums and take a shot every time someone says the magic words “sounds like BoC” in reference to any and all pitch modulated / wobbly / “lofi” sounds.

6 Likes