Where do you have your heat in your signal chain?

Hmm. I wouldn’t ditch the mixer. A mixer adds the possibility to add other external fx as send/return which is quite useful for the amount of individual outputs you have.

It really depends on what you want to do with the heat. You can use it as a sound design tool for production and then use it as a master saturate for live performance by using it on the master output of your mixer.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t ditch the mixer either. Do you HAVE to ditch it?

If you do, I suggest trying out different signal chains. I’m sure there are multiple ways to route it, each with their own set of pros & cons, try the different signal chains out until you find what works best for you.

Too be honest I did this prior to getting a mixer (different gear, but same idea) & realized a mixer was the only way to really use everything the way I wanted to, so I bought a mixer…even with a mixer I tested out a few different signal chains until I found one I was happiest with (I made signal chain graphs at work, then tried them out when I got home).

1 Like

Thanks, all. I looked through the manuals (example setups) and saw how I could cable all together. Definitely workable.

But, I also went back to my mixer and found a way to use a subgroup so that I could selectively send the individual devices to the Heat. Works great/sounds great.

Ideally though, I think one would need multiple subgroups if using multiple external effects and not wanting to necessarily stack them. But… that’s for another day.

Thanks again.

merging threads seems a pretty weird “tradition” to me in this forum, guys…not much appreciated, if u ask me…really loosing plot and overview here…

1 Like

Also it’s worth to mention that you can automate the parameters of Heat using MIDI from Octatrack or from some other MIDI machine. Especially sending Program Changes for selecting presets can be neat addition to the live mix.

3 Likes