Where are you with your box?

So . . . I was thinking about how the Digitakt has changed my music making so far and was considering how the portability of the box has had the biggest impact.
So far, it’s been detached from all my other great and been on the sofa by the fire, in the dining room, my friend’s loft and now I’m in the garden on a surprisingly mild September afternoon in south East England.
So . . . I often look upon setup pictures with great envy and thought perhaps we could post the locations our Elektron boxes find themselves in.
So here is the Digitakt with my coffee in my garden.

I look forward to seeing more exotic locations for your boxes!

3 Likes

I guess I’m confused how it’s any more portable than any other box you can carry around easily. You still have to plug it in.

4 Likes

I really hope this thread shows the DT in various exotic places. That would be fun

2 Likes

when you gotta go - you gotta go…

15 Likes

That’s very true.
I guess I’m just inspired to move it about a bit for done peculiar reason.

1 Like

Nice picture change :smiley:

1 Like

that bathroom is extremely clean, at least:)

2 Likes

I took my OT on a plane with a portable battery. It was fantastic.

6 Likes

I am borrowing a friends’ MD to learn the Elektron system and love it. So definitely looking at getting either a DT or AR in the future. Did you reach the p-lock capacity limit yet? I hit that on the MD I am using with out of lock memory pretty fast.

indeed cleaner than most restaurants

1 Like

i reached the p lock just once… and i sat back and thought… ‘am i just doing too much’? – the answer was, yes. sometimes rather than seeing a machine having its limits as a bad thing i feel we just need to slow down and read an Eno card. slow it down - no one was p locking 303s and 909’s in the 1980 - 90’s. the workflow on the elektrons to me is brilliant… stick with it…

2 Likes

I think any claim of exotic places or situations requires photographic proof or a signed statement from a reliable and significant member of society. :wink:
I just wish I had had my phone or camera with me when I had my Machinedrum on stage 12th of the Tour de France last year! And Lance Armstrong was doing vocals! :rofl:

1 Like

I think that the reason why I hit the p-lock limit on the MD that I am using is the engineer in me wants to test the limits of what a machine can do. With that said for a 16 year old piece of drum kit, it is still quite good! I can only imagine what the new Rytm MK2 can do when it comes out later this year.

1 Like

i have a feeling from what ive read that the older kit does have fewer p-locks… id rather own that md than a massive amount of newer kit thats for sure – and yes, the mk11’s and their various updates will make a lot of people very happy! im satisfied with my DT after buying dozens of synths and boxes its the most handy, usable machine ive ever owned.

are you sure lance wasnt using autotune? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I try to have an organized setup in my music room, but who am I kidding, the music making really happens when I take a machine on my lap and lie down on my sofa. The Rytm is even better than the MPC Live in that regard.

3 Likes

I’m thinking of taking a different box around the house over the coming week. However, the Machinedrum and Analog Four are racked together so that’ll probably encourage me to grab that Digitakt again.
I wonder, how many batteries would it take to run it while day on the beach? :smirk:

so true

I am afraid, soon I will sell all but my rite

the only time I really enjoyed my a4
was when I only used a4 and nothing else

so you can run DT on batteries? Wow that is awesome! I wish that the OT and AR had options for battery power. One reason why I love my Microkorg is that it runs on batteries and has small footprint. Played a show recently and did the job although having a dedicated drum machine would have made the performance even better.

It’s not what you think. They are talking about using a rechargeable battery-powered generator, essentially. You can plug any device into it.

2 Likes