What's your TECHNO setup

Sounds to be a delay and filter but hard to see which ones.

Exactly that, I asked him in the comments of another video and he kindly replied this. And it’s right on the master

2 Likes

My techno setup just got an upgrade :nerd_face:

31 Likes

My daily use set-up. Working hard to get my first live set done.

27 Likes

Nice.

Slowly evolving…have DN, but not sure how to incorporate it. Honestly, I wonder this could just be stripped down to OT, DB-01, AH and call it a day.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/717365017

3 Likes

Nice selection! Is that a FMR device in the lower right corner?
Would you share how you perform?

2 Likes

Yes, it‘s an rnla.
Will make a video once set is finished and share the link.

2 Likes

Really like this stuff mate!

1 Like

Oh I meant if you’d like to tell a little bit about the setup? How you use each instrument, what sound you’re going for, how you prep the set?
Video of course would be great. I think there are not many longer set’s online.

That wirey mess stresses me out. I’m ready for instruments to deliver power, midi, and audio in/out via usbc. Then that’s just a few small cables

2 Likes

Test site

20 Likes

Many thanks, guys - much appreciated!

Obviously, Squid is master. How many tracks are destinated to MD and how do you proceed between these two ? Does MD just used as an expander or do you program the kick and tops on MD and all the percs are Squid sequenced * so you can polyrythm them) ?
Very curious to learn about your procedure. But maybe an explaina-t-on on the right thread

would be preferable ?
All thoses questions because my summer set is near this one :nerd_face:

1 Like

Nice! I miss our campervan… stolen May 2019, a week before a planned trip to Italy. We went anyway but… it’s not the same.

Edit:

Forgot to add. I made some techno-ish stuff this evening with MFB Tanzbär, Lyra 8, DFAM, Elektron Drive and El Cap delay. Fun it was.

7 Likes

Wow! Thanks for all the questions. Tbh, I just slammed this out there. I’m still figuring out what does what. I was actually trying to sequence the td3 with the squid. But I haven’t had any succes.

Also, as the md had 16 tracks, I have a simple beat programmed in the MD and I can then improvise on top with tracks sequenced by the squid.

Early days on this one, have no clue how to transition yet.

2 Likes

I follow a simple rule. If there’s A4MK2 on a photo, I like it

3 Likes

Sure!

I´ve build up a mobile setup and everything is pre-connected audio & midi. Just need to plug each channel into Xone: 96.

CH1- Drums: audio (deep low kick) from Mbase11 goes into AR. There I layer the kick´s and use AR´s compressor for all drums
CH2 - Bass: DB-01 Bassline
CH3 - Lead, Arps, etc: A4
CH4 - Percs -> M:S / Arps, Pads, etc -> DN. Send audio from M:S into DN. Use DN midi channels for Mbase and DB-01
S/R 1: Nemesis Delay
S/R 2: Ventris Reverb
Master: Analog Heat -> RNLA

Xone:96 is playing a major role in this setup. Full analog, 4-band eq for 4-channels, parametric eq´s for S/R (really cool to shape reverb cloud), 2x outstanding vcf´s with drive/ crunch!!
I can record pre-master each channel with 96`s interface or send master to babyface.
It´s really, really cool to work with. But it takes a lot of time to finish even 1 pattern. It´s getting messy if you don´t care about structure. So I´m focussing on having things clear and every instrument/ track is taking its fixed role in the whole live set. Actually I´m getting very melodic and overloaded when all instruments are playing. Need to reduce the amount of information and drums/ percs should take over the major role for 140bpm dark techno. Challenging! :wink:

5 Likes

What stand are you using?
Jaspers?

I’m sure the Squid gets bigger every time I see it.

3 Likes