What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Drawmer 1968MKII, samson s-patch plus and hydrasynth…

Shinny toys are shinny ! :innocent:

8 Likes

It may not be gear, but it is likely to be every bit as inspirational as any bit of hardware - the second in Virgin’s limited boxed sets of remasters and rarities from Tangerine Dream. I have the first set, too, and while this one isn’t quite as extravagant, it has the benefit of being drenched in PPG. I did take some joy in noting that they had the exact same BASF 8” floppy disk boxes next to their Waveterm A as I have next to mine.

For me, the book alone is worth the price of admission, but it also comes with the rather fantastic and highly-debated soundtrack for Michael Mann’s The Keep, along with a few other delightful rarities. As an added bonus, it comes with all of Tangerine Dream’s music for “Risky Business” without any Bob Seger. :grimacing:

26 Likes

Where did you order it online ? I am looking for a copy

2 Likes

I recently got paid some royalties ( 80 dollars! living the dream) so I blew the whole lot on some new music (well new to me)

Thanks to @Fin25 for the very kind comparison. Id never heard of DMX Krew, but now I have a nice chunk of his stuff from his bandcamp page. Tidy.

Using money I made from making music to buy someone elsed music what they made. Proper.

18 Likes

PiSound + Raspberry Pi 4B.
Initial aim is just to make some noises from it (thinking small FM synth for chords mainly)
As a stretch goal would love to try and get the code from this thread (OB for Linux (sorta ;)) running for A4 and AR.

7 Likes

That’s super dope, would love to have that set.

I remember “The Keep” really properly freaking me out as a kid, I’m sure largely due to the soundtrack. They were masters at elevating fairly standard filmmaking into what felt like a true artform.

When you say “exact same” boxes, do you mean exactly the same brand and type or those exact boxes they had in that photo? Because that would make my head explode :bomb:

2 Likes

It’s excellent. I’m still pouring it over. In Search of Hades is by far the better ‘bargain’ of the two sets, as it has come down in price since its initial release. But they are both essential collections for TD fans, as one represents the classic Berlin School era, while the other covers the transitional period into shorter pieces, digital technology and a more structured approach.

3 Likes

No just the same brand and box. It made me chuckle to see something I see everday in my own room cluttering theirs, as well.

1 Like

I certainly wouldn’t put it past you having the actual ones :slight_smile:

1 Like

A purchase (left) and a trade. Intentions: explore the CV/Gate control through my turntable (aka scratching synthesizers) even further and maybe try it polyphonically with both and the Neutron at the same time.

And some stickers my wife got me to paste them on the OT decksaver.

10 Likes

I bought mine NOS, still in shrinkwrap, which in itself is pretty funny. However, I have no idea about the provenance of my Waveterm. There were very few “A” models made (mine was partially upgraded to a B), and they were shockingly expensive when new, so it probably belonged to someone far more deserving than myself.

1 Like

God I’ve listened to their tape cassettes as a Teenager. They had a big influence on my musical Path.

2 Likes

For me, too (sometimes rather too obviously!). I still marvel at pretty much everything they did during their first two decades (and quite a lot after that, too)

2 Likes

Bet you had “Phaedra” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

it’s like the anti @DonovanDwyer

good versus evil… who will win!?!

7 Likes

7 Likes

Same tape here, how did you know!

1 Like

To be honest, I don’t remember which ones I had. They were copies from my brother’s originals.

1 Like

Hopefully not buy new interface

1 Like