What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

I don’t remember exactly how it is with thomann. But the last part of the shipping is handled by the Norwegian post office, and they often have more reasonable prices on handling.

1 Like

I’ll just wait and see what happens when the first lot of orders come tomorrow (MB33 + T-Resonator II) they were both ordered on 18.12.2020 usually here in 3 days but mysteriously only showing up on tracking now. However the New Years eve orders of (Faderfox EC/UC 4) will have to have VAT added also… had a few drinks seen how cheap they were and ordered only to sober up next day seeing no VAT was added at checkout… My fault that one :frowning:
I feel sorry for these music stores as they all did great business before 01.01.2021 I can only see prices rising in future for musical instruments etc and nobody being able to afford already expensive hardware.

Anyways like @Grate_expectations said… no place for this discussion

1 Like

welcome to what it’s like in Aus :roll_eyes:

we pay 5% import duty and then on top of that an extra 10% GST (your 400 order would end up 462)

1 Like

On a bright note, I have received the UC4 last week and is truly great…

2 Likes

Looking forward to receiving mine. Already just got the PC4 haven’t had a chance to try it yet so waiting to test with EC4/UC4 plenty of controls for my gear

The numerous off-topic posts can’t be moved/merged elsewhere. So please no more flags on these ones, but do keep it on topic please - nobody is checking this thread out for Brexit rants

9 Likes

Just came via UPS

8 Likes

i’m about to order the third Korg NTS-1… (already have two)

but since it’s definitely not a good idea to waste a stereo pair in 8-channel mixer for every single NTS-1 – i’ve ordered this passive 4-pair mixer/splitter.

intention: not only mixing multiple NTS-1 to single stereo pair, but also using them as multiple parallel effect loops.

8 Likes

I’ve got the Korg but haven’t built it yet… Is it worth it? Only seen a few YouTube videos on it.
No patch memory? FX sound good tho :+1:

it’s definitely worth it.
even if used just as ultra-portable FX unit to process synths.
even just with stock FX.
but the real fun begins when you get 3rd party plugins for it (many of them are free).

for a portable/live/jam rig (like mine) it’s ultra-versatile and super-capable machine that occupies about nothing in terms of space.

regarding patch memory … there are workarounds.

Love mine - works perfectly so I’m sure you’ll have great value of it

1 Like

My Evil Empire 2600 came today. Looks like a solid piece of kit.

Intention is to learn a little more about synthesis. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Wow where did you get it from?

1 Like

Thomann. Ordered it when it beecame available for preordering. Got a est date start February so it came earlier than expected.

1 Like

I love these passive mixers and have three of them dotted around my home. They’re very useful for, well, mixing multiple sources to make home AV systems much easier to use. I have an Echo Dot permanently connected through my Hifi speakers while also being able to play my CD player and TV sound through them, without ever having to switch source.

1 Like

Got 2 U-he deals from the NI site ( only 2days to go).

Colour Copy
Repro

Because yea, some fine ITB tools are also a thing, OT will be happy.

5 Likes

Repro is great, I’ve been using the beta version for a long time before finally purchasing it. Their plug-in protection was some noise burst every 30 seconds so if you work in 120 bpm it’s very easy to miss… Or, think that something is wrong with your equipment and search for a defect for 30 minutes before realising it’s from the plug-in.

3 Likes

Also snagged Repro from the NI sale - already had Diva from the previous one. Considered Zebra as well, but I already have Serum and don’t want to learn two new synths at once!

2 Likes

U-He is definitely up their with the best. Love their stuff. Excited to see what they do with their ventures into eurorack.

After giving the BlipBlox as a gift I had to get my own. Pretty competent little synth.

12 Likes