What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

The first rule about Octatrack clubā€¦ :joy:

4 Likes

The first rule of Octrack Club is not to get mad and club your Octatrackā€¦

8 Likes

So thatā€™s why I got kicked out!

5 Likes

Do not talk about the manual!

5 Likes

Or the secret ingredient.

BTFM :fire:

Someone tried, they lost! @trigger-happy last seen over 2 years agoā€¦

:laughing:

8 Likes

Thatā€™s hilarious!

2 Likes

Been an eventful month.

Sold lots of gear and bought

Apogee Symphony MKII (24 Analog in / outs)
SSL Sigma Summing Mixer
Maschine+ (dispatched today)

Also bought a new desk from Buso which im prob more excited about lol

8 Likes

You did it! Bravo and let us know your thoughts.

1 Like

These oscillators are as fidgety as a monkey in a coffee bar. Holy moly, I have never had to spend as long on calibrating an oscillator. Iā€™m glad I only have to do the 901A - Iā€™d hate to have to do all three.

bravo. selling gear to invest in better conversion and summing. itā€™s a tough ask, but worth it.

3 Likes

I bought this for my half a Century birthday. Modest gift. Perfect Circuit video made me pull the trigger ā€¦ nah!

Jeremy from Red Means Recording convinced me that I needed my first semi-modular with no Presets device (after all these years). Really good video, well explained and overall very musical.

Intentions : get lost in dreamy polyrhythm sequences. Of course, a Delay and a Reverb are needed for that duty. Oh well, it just turned out that I have both of those free for the tasks (sold my beloved Minilogue this week).

Edit : a 1/8 TRS to 5-pin MIDI dongle is included in the box, yeah!

22 Likes

I just bought the Digitakt to see if I would like it with my modular system over having the dark trinity which is taking up too much space atm

3 Likes

I needed a temperature regulated magnetically absent screwdriver for my old model D.
Actually, it was just a modified toothbrush that I kept sticky taped to the back of it.
But if you told me all I had to do was burn a Goat and dance in my undies, Iā€™d do it!

2 Likes

I bought a used Lyra 8 and this thing is pure analog insanity. It feels like a real instrument and as Loopop said: after twisting some knobs for a while, you really feel the urge to smoke a cigarette. I donā€™t know how to use it in a song context just know, but playing with it is just pure fun and thatā€™s what itā€™s all about :slight_smile:

Also itā€™s just beautiful and built like a Russian tank!

18 Likes

it arrived.
finally, i have my dream instrument ā€” tonewheel organ with 303 filter!

8 Likes

Ok. This is a serious instrument. I played with it for hours last night. Iā€™m glad Iā€™ve watched some videos before (Loopop, Red Means Recording), I knew my way around. It has nothing to do with the first Blips and Bloops videos that Iā€™ve watched when it officially came out. I like the fact that itā€™s a Live instrument, it forces you to Record something.

I got to say, even if the primary Tones are rich and sound very good (itā€™s a Moog after all), that it benefits highly from a Delay and/or a Reverb (or any FX). Maybe thatā€™s why the first videos were less attractive (at least, for me).

For the moment, my routing is :

Subharmonicon > EHX Platform (Comp/Dist) > Nemesis Delay > Ventris Reverb

5 Likes

Got the summit yesterday. It sounds great and is inspiring to program, but one of the knobs is acting up. The chorus level value changes when Iā€™m not touching it (shows on screen) as well as acting sketch sometimes (skipping values) when using it. I tried updating the firmware and using the on board calibration. :neutral_face:
Iā€™m guessing this isnā€™t the kind of thing that works itself out and I should get it exchanged ā€¦ gosh.

18 Likes

Definitely sounds like a warranty fix. Fortunately Novationā€™s customer service is tip top in my experience, should you need to deal with them.

4 Likes

The EC4 is so interesting looking. Could use one, to control UHE Diva with it. Are you satisfied with the quality of knobs and what faults did you find with it, if any?

I feel its a bit too expensive, but if the quality is really good then itā€™s worth it.