What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

This showed up at work today. As the image demonstrates, my intentions are to never part with it.

37 Likes

Syntrx is the latest addition.

I plan to spend eye-watering amounts of money on FX, mixers, studio furniture and more next. I’m REALLY set for synths now.

Several of my IRL friends have unironically suggested I start publishing hour long albums after hearing my Lyra clips. If you encourage me, you will only have yourself to blame. :rofl:

8 Likes

I double-dare you… :slightly_smiling_face:

Is that what that plastic stuff on the screen is for??? To pull it off??? I have never seen someone do that!!! :astonished:

1 Like

Well, when things get serious and it‘s exclusive, it‘s ok not to use protection.

15 Likes

I’ve never bought any music gear that’s had a plastic film I can pull off… :sob: :sob:

1 Like

Peeling screen film is gentrified bubble wrap.

4 Likes

My only hardware synth now (not counting the AR)

Intentions: learn chords and sound design. So far great, a very tactile interface with a knob per function approach.

23 Likes

It finally arrived.

I bought a Korg M3 Xpanded module for the measly price of 350€ a month ago. The reason it was so cheap was that the touch screen was faulty. I ordered a new one for 16€. Now all it takes is a couple of hours of precision work and I’ll have a fully working beautiful 366€ Korg M3.

I’m being told that it’s a very deep synth with the Karma and all. So this will hopefully be my main weapon against GAS attacks during the no gear 2022.

6 Likes

I love that chord chart. Do you mind sharing where you acquired it?

3 Likes

DN Keys arriving next week. sold my Digitone felt too much like a groove box (which I have plenty of). looking forward to the Keys as its got a lot more expression capabilities and will be more playable.

4 Likes

zoomed in and it states the “really useful poster company” at the bottom in text

I was thinking to do the same

Let me know how you fid the DNK

I love the separate outputs i think you can do an album just with the DNK

1 Like
7 Likes

My latest purchase is a Model:Cycles. I already own an TR-8S and a Novation Circuit, though the latter has been given to my six year old.

My intention is to produce a piece of music that I can share with other people.

Already finding the Model:Cycles inspiring! Spent an hour yesterday playing a sequence containing just a heavily distorted kick, and then playing others sounds on top of it, with reverb set to infinity and delay feedback set around 100. Built some nice soundscapes. Lots of fun.

4 Likes

After almost blowing up my eardrums with configuration experiments on the ES-9 … I do need this:

5 Likes

new shiny dental bridges.
the most expensive gear i have so far.

27 Likes

2 Likes

Amazon! Chord Sheet or something like that, in the Netherlands.

wait they got two … Shit