What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Polyphonic aftertouch ?

2 Likes

Don’t remind me, … by spring 2022 I will be a Moog One, Prophet 5 and a Make Noise shared system lighter!

But it’s worth it :smiley:

1 Like

I just purchased this set at Amazon US. Not sure if I have room on my wall (would need to be above two monitors that sit above my main Keyboard), but I like them anyway, and will find a place of for them.

KARMA remains my favorite part of my Korg Kronos. Now that Korg no longer licenses it (and the guy who created it has retired), I will likely keep the Kronos forever. It is kind of unbelievable even 7 years after buying the Kronos.

1 Like

Abbey Road Two. Immediate purchase upon release last night.
Down the Spitfire rabbit hole, a very enjoyable one though.

5 Likes

I might never purchase another Spitfire product again. I purchased Hans Zimmer strings a few years ago and Albion V. Neither work with my current M1 MacBook Pro running Monterey OS (came installed). I reached out the Spitfire weeks ago, got the return email stating my support ticket was noted, and then heard nothing. Their website offers some workarounds, which I’ve tried, to no avail. I even completely reinstalled both (over 250GB) and that didn’t work either. I will continue to try to get it them to work given that I think I paid over $700 for them (most expensive plugins I’ve ever purchased), but definitely not worth the hassle. I wish I could get a refund honestly. They sound fantastic, of course, but the tech support, especially for such high end products is just bad.

1 Like

Sorry to hear, I would hope and think they will eventually update their entire catalog to work with the latest M1 macs. It’s a lot of stuff, so I imagine a lot of work of re-porting everything to a constant changing hardware environment on top of developing all the newer products. Anyway, I hope they sort it out soon, you are probably not alone knocking on their door for these updates. And yeah a lot of the stuff isn’t cheap, but they do offer good introduction deals, additional discounts if you own certain products. And it must be hugely expensive to produce these libraries as well. I don’t think they are unreasonable about their pricing. But I understand, it doesn’t feel too good when you can’t use the plugins after spending that money.

Thanks. I do agree that the products themselves are worth the high price of admission, Hans Zimmer strings had an introductory “sale” price of $599, which is more than I paid for Omnisphere plus a bunch of extra sounds to go with it (I think I got a good deal on Albion V after purchasing Hans Zimmer strings). A company that creates such expensive products should, though, be well prepared to take care of customers willing to pay those prices.

1 Like

I got these wood cheeks from NoizziHardwood on Etsy for my Rev2 and SE-02. Made out of walnut, great quality. They make Roland boutiques look like classy synths and angles my Rev2 in such a way that I can pretend its an MS-20 (actually thought about getting a black Keystep just to lean in further).

IMG_4720 IMG_4718 IMG_4719

36 Likes

I picked up the latest 12.9" iPad Pro and a mic stand mount. Going to use it for lyrics. I’ve been using paper forever but it’s less efficient than being able to compose anywhere, and transfer between iPhone/iPad/Mac. I also got the OnSong 2020 App.

12 Likes

Monotribe buddy :slight_smile:

11 Likes

New Mopho knob kit turned up today after the store had already refunded me saying they were lost in the post 3 days ago :open_mouth:
Also my BCR2000 looks amazing with the new Mopho overlay. This stuff is very high quality indeed I love it.
The Mopho looks way better with this knobs

Intentions - Hook them up see what happens :+1:

17 Likes

I’m a big fan of the Eventide/Newfangled plugins and as of now I have them all. I’m stoked that they’re all already M1 native too as my M1 Max should arrive in a few weeks.

7 Likes

My iPad is my go-to for reading gear manuals LOL

8 Likes

MPC Live MK2. Don‘t judge me.

8 Likes

I ordered mine a week ago. Beyerdynamic US said there’s a three week lead time. Can’t wait to use them on my TD50X drum module. How’s the break in so far ?

Really good… they press quiet firmly on my skull, but I haven’t felt any fatigue from usage… I’m not qualified to say how good they are but they are better then my old set of headphones that’s for sure… and I like that they can be driven on virtually anything…

1 Like

I repurchased an MC-707 last week but forgot to post here….shame on me. Didn’t gel with it on the first go-around, but the steady stream of updates roped me back in.

Intentions: totally overuse the scatter FX on random YouTube videos, as the master Tubedigga has enlightened me to.

6 Likes

some software again — VCVRack 2 Pro + VCV Drums + VCV Sound Stage bundle.
intentions: mainly using VCV Drums in Bitwig as VST plugin.

3 Likes

Literally hovering on the purchase button now. Considering selling my 2500 to make up some of the price, it’s been sat in the cupboard since January anyhow…

2 Likes