What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Yea it has chord mode on both rack and kb

Takes some serious dexterity to set it, as you have to dedicate one hand to the command. Sometimes I use my nose for setting the 4th note :laughing:

But it saves chords in the patch. Something I wish Hydra KB did.

Also Unison mode #1 doesnā€™t use any additional voices. Almost like a free chorus. Bonus!

1 Like

Hm hm, I watched some videos now too. Yes very powerful, but I am sure itā€™s too complicated for my needs, though the features are really good!

1 Like

funny I was contacted after 3 year wait for a cirklon but by then I already had a dozen good sequencers and clocks to sync together and spending 3k for just a hardware sequencer was hard to imagine at this point. I may get one eventually if I need to chain a dozen synths together. But Iā€™d rather just use an audio interface, mixer and DAW at that stage.

3 Likes

Just got my second portable modular system a brand new ALM Busy Circuits Super Coupe!

I will use this with my Make Noise Shared System and OP-1 to sample my larger modular eurorack system and take to jams and local events. I love how well thought out it is and Pamela New Workout with Squid Salmple is a match made in heaven. I am still trying to get the hang of Quad Megaslope and the MCO/MCF is different sounding combo but all good. A quick beat box patch I made last night with it:

In many ways, it reminds me of a scaled down Eurorack version of an Elektron Octatrack for modular synthesis.

11 Likes

Youā€™ve got mine probably (or close), the one I passed on I mean.

Looks really nice but It would just collect dust here, ā€¦ expensive dust collectors ā€¦ my partner does not likeā€¦ :see_no_evil: :ring:

1 Like

To pair with my Digitoneā€™s 4 MIDI tracks, perfect match, very different and complementary sounds. Completes my live rig of AR mkI + DN + Nord Micromodular. I have a lust for small and powerful, donā€™t care about real analog, and love feature-packed gear.

17 Likes

Virus is dope AF and on my wishlist if I can quit buying modular eurocrack gear. But I love creating sounds from scratch no presets.

2 Likes

What I miss about the NL4 is that ā€œsmoothā€ random LFO. I dont have it on my other synths!!!

2 Likes

Worked in the shop today finishing up a vinyl record case.

24 Likes

I was hoping to hold out for any potential Black Friday deals on this, but I made something I wanted to save in the demo, so purchased a license. Really neat program. Thanks to @SpaceTraffic for making me aware of it.

13 Likes

Decided on a TR8s with Deck Saver and Fonik stand whilsr waiting for my ever elusive RD-9

Coming this week

Intention is to just sample and jam

13 Likes

Lumen is great. I used it quite a bit a few years back. I think the company is from Portland Oregon too.

Hereā€™s something I made with it.

10 Likes

This is fantastic!

2 Likes

Do you modular? (Lots of smooth random there.) I even make them :wink:

Nice! I actually prefer the RD-8 for 808ish sounds, but the TR8-S sounds great, and has so much more flexibility. Plus itā€™s more fun for live tomfoolery!

2 Likes

Since Iā€™m currently on a software kick, I think I must check this out. Still a day and a half left of vacation :smiley:

1 Like

Ooooh! Enjoy!! Followed the inception through Flux with itā€™s channel and even though Iā€™m on the OT I love what Iā€™ve seen from this bad boy!

1 Like

Iā€™m curious! I canā€™t help but noticing Iā€™m attracted by a Clavia instrument. I love the nord drum and click well with how these instruments are designed and sound.

I havenā€™t experienced the non drum instruments though and have to educate myself, between wave 1 or 2, various nord lead modelsā€¦

Happy for you Adam!

2 Likes

I have a Nord Lead 2 and its probably one of my favorite synths Ive ever ownedā€¦ BUT its not because it does great analogue sounds but its more because of How quirky it is. Resonance past twelve oā€™ clock for instance does weird things when doing filter sweeps.

Also the way it responds to velocity is fantastic. Some of the factory patches are incredibleā€¦ so even though the synth is simple in its architecture and that itā€™s almost vintage at this point, it is just so well made (hardware and software) that it still holds up as a great synth!

5 Likes

Nice man Nord is so immediate! Eyeing a A1

2 Likes