What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

And as if by magic, a Vision Pro thread has appeared!

or in the toilet.

Tangerine!
It feels better than i thought, solid knobs and buttons. I have been excited about sampling all kinds of stuff, and that feeling of excitement is a first for maybe a year of not making a lot of music (and having stuff to do)

11 Likes

Finally after being on my radar for many years. No idea why I didn’t just grab one !
Intentions……. Make up for lost time :+1:

17 Likes

They were nice enough to leave room for the Polar.

3 Likes

Thought that was for the OT! My bad!

3 Likes

I’d say whichever is more expensive.

2 Likes

You win!!

2 Likes

5 Likes

oops

26 Likes

I don’t see too many knobs there, so you’re excused. If you had just bought a MIDI controller with sliders instead …

2 Likes

Finally did the thing and got an Ableton Standard licence that comes with the upgrade to 12. Took me a couple of minutes to get it set up to multitrack record from my Digitakt, now to fine tune a template and learn how to use it.

I have a long list of things I would like to try with it, but for now I just want to get comfortable using it to record in my tracks live and then do some basic mixing and mastering. Eventually I plan on integrating PD and writing my own patches, maybe going the Max route instead any buying a licence for that, working on integrating some sort of live visual aspect, setting up a template for sample processing and mangling, etc.

3 Likes

…I will pull you back to the dark side my old friend…taste the sweet nectar of M4L in your wretched spawn of a daw and then fully embrace the darkness when you switch back to Ableton…:skull:

1 Like

…right now, it’s obviously prime time for ableton again…well deserved for the pioneers of first real time stretch and how to turn a computer into a real music instrument instead of “just” a music studio substitute…but wait 'til we see bitwig 5.3 this spring and what’s their next take on all this…
their yearly .3 and mainupdates are always next level, too…
not to mention, next year around this time, there’ll be bitwig 6, which will be a gamechanger…
and all ableton12 actual final frontier fancyness suddenly will feel old again…
just look at their latest modulation solutions…not half that smart as what bitwig offers since quite a while now, with no help and workarounds from m4l…
and hey, this seqund vst covers quite some m4l tricks all in one, for me now in addition to bw’s everything modulates everything natural born crazyness…

even u, my super pro bro won’t pull me back to ableton…no matter how great ur latest push3 standalone streams show off… :wink:
bitwig is the last sonic weapon of my choice and life…

2 Likes

Novation Launchpad Pro MK3, which should be arriving in a couple weeks.
My immediate intent is to use it in conjunction with my Digitone for chords. Second to that is to become more acquainted with Ableton’s session view.
Earlier this week I setup a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 3rd gen to replace my 2i4 2nd gen. My intent, and what I have since done, was to provide easily accessible inputs to track in any single piece of gear in my studio directly into my DAW, without having to disconnect cables and adjust gain knobs. Also for the bundled plugins. Getting Massive X and Addictive Drums 2 as part of the purchase made getting the interface a steal cost wise.

3 Likes

Always wanted to buy a proper full-weighted keyboard to improve hands technique.
Finally pulled the trigger.

28 Likes

The RML modded Dual EFCcv is here! Intention: cv-modulated noise :space_invader:

With my other RML custom-

42 Likes

you should marry her

3 Likes

Good call, I might get a Polybrute for that! :thinking: :+1:

3 Likes

Love that design!

UPD: and knobs naming

2 Likes