What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

A sterling silver key ring by Good Art Hlywd. Plan is to put keys on it.

so far nothing gear wise and even more so after losing my job a month ago. I think that I will actually pass the No Gear Challenge this time around!

1 Like

OB-X8 Desktop.

Intention: Write songs with it and design some sounds on it. Enjoy its presence.

First impression after checking out all of the 450 something presets: not as full-bodied, warm and dark as the P10, more sheen and brightness, and drinkable at any temperature. Beautiful strings and brasses.

5 Likes

Nakamichi Z700 TriTracer: Play and record tapes!

19 Likes

After a good few weeks, I can recommend this. It even comes with it’s own decksaver.

Deluge is great I’ve been through three also good luck with it :slight_smile:

Intention: become insane

18 Likes

Analog 4 MKII!

Wonderful machine (I’ve had the MKI twice and also the Analog Keys).

Had to sell my Syntakt to afford it, but I don’t regret it.

I use it with the Octatrack and Nord Drum 3P and also with Fors Opal in Ableton.

26 Likes

Les Paul Standard 50’s. Intention is to play it and enjoy it for a very very long time. :+1:

21 Likes

I’m back in the game :partying_face:

damn I love the OT workflow :heart:

33 Likes

Knock on wood dude!

3 Likes

Masters flag! :golfing_man:t6:

I gotta go to that some day!

2 Likes

intention: Go on the next 25 years with my AKG K171

6 Likes

I went and got the Trinity all at once, Digitakt, Digitone and Syntakt. Need to learn how to use them all next…wish me luck :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Bought: Logic Pro for iPad Pro

Intention: Sell Push2, Maschine, VST suites!

:rofl:

3 Likes

Finally bit the bullet and bought the last TDR Production Bundle plugins I was still missing (Molot GE, Nova GE, SlickEQ M). Liked what I heard in Dan Worrall’s demo videos.

Intention: hours of A/B-ing, getting comfortable with all of them, remixing and (re-)mastering my tracks, learning a bunch of stuff along the way. Woohoo!

By the way … has anyone tried OD De-Edger? It looks and sounds interesting, but I’m wondering if it offers anything besides ease of use compared to manually dialing it in via Nova GE, or maybe one or two of the Airwindows plugins like Acceleration or Slew.

6 Likes

I also was interested in this but never had the time to test it, there’s a demo version that afaik is not really limited in time or adds noise, it’s just that you can’t recall params which should be fine for evaluating:

Demo Edition
The demo edition features a true analogue experience, automatic recall is blocked.

if you have some ready mixes and you already doing A/B testing I’d get the demo and give it a listen.

1 Like

Oh man, the Tokyo Dawn Labs plugins are great. I use limiter 6 GE all the time, and SlickEQ is my go to eq when I need it. I don’t have Molot GE, but Molotok has been an awesome plugin for adding character when I want something to be relatively clean, but still saturated.

2 Likes

beauty

got a 3rd party stylus for my iPad (almost 3 times cheaper than original Apple Pencil).
wow, just wow. this little thing rocks.
my main intention is handwriting, because handwriting is better for learning.
but tweaking synths and editing sequences with this magic wand rocks too.

14 Likes