What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Got a Model:Samples with the recent sale… spent a couple hours with it, then made this ‘first day/first track’ video. I start bringing in the bass and seeing if it can do acid-like stuff around 3 minutes. Just a simple loop with lots of timbre/fx play. The thingy in the lower left is an alien spectrum analyzer I built in TouchDesigner reacting in realtime, while OBS composites and records the vid.

7 Likes

A pair of M44-7s and new headshells. Now to see if I can still mix…

13 Likes

Matrixbrute, it’s done! Not a purchase but a swap.

Gonna enjoy the simplicity of an over the top mono with loads of functions and perhaps the best overview interface out there. Already ideas for modulation experiments are so much quicker and clearer to imagine. Just gonna enjoy the keys (that I didn’t have for some time) and sound design exploration. And try to just patch from scratch and not bother with saving presets and patterns.

15 Likes

Congrats on the sweet new mono. Out of curiosity, what did you trade for it?

Thanks!

A4 Mk2 and €250 extra from my end. I bought the A4 for 800 a year or two back, so I love how this got me this epic big instrument.

I’ll miss my A4, but next to my unmissable Rytm and OT it was just one Elekton too many. I disliked setting up project, parts, kits, etc, on three Elektrons everything I wanted to make some music. Two is the right number for me. Hence I plan to spend as little time as possible on the Matrixbrute on project/patch management, and just twiddle in the moment :slight_smile:

7 Likes

The tablists dream! Those are ridiculously scarce these days - nice come up

2 Likes

I found an original Wavestation for way cheap. No room, but…

15 Likes

Nice! If only I had space (and funds!) I’d definitely buy one. Enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks! I think I was able to get this one exactly because of the space reason (the guy selling it was about to move and was letting some large things go)

2 Likes

Yeah I know! Weren’t cheap but had to jump on them when I saw them, they will only get more scarce. Now I have to learn to scratch!

1 Like

If you need a spare stylus at any point, Ritchie sourced these that seem to be really highly rated:

3 Likes

There’s no doubt I’ll need some, I’m bound to trash the existing one while learning! Thanks mate

1 Like

More embossing label tape (which is becoming stupid expensive :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:).
Label more stuff I wilfully ruin.

Never did like the disco glitter green

8 Likes

What’s the thingy with the prongs called?
I saw one on a tv show in the 90’s and always wanted one. Alien dude was playing it with a violin bow.

Can I connect a Synth directly into Beads or do I need something in between to be at the same Level.

Beads auto-adjusts to the input when you first plug into it so line level vs modular level is not an issue. That said, I’ve found with highly dynamic sources (like the EFCCV module) it can clip easily, making clicking noises. I’m sure it’s user error on my part tho (just plug in during the loudest part, duh…)

1 Like

Thanks for suggesting the Merlin guide! Helped answer a lot of questions before I knew I wanted to ask them :+1:

1 Like

in general i’m not in GAS phase — but this does not cover lucky accidents.
for $150, it was no-brainer.
intentions: evil analog kick, really evil analog snare, and other stuff as well.

mfb503

21 Likes

These sound amazing, I’d have done the same

2 Likes

solid find. likely the worst part of it is the sequencer. I found MFB sequencers in that format (I had the 522) annoying to use. but if you have something else to sequence it with, no worries! especially at that price.

1 Like