What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

It seems like it really already should have some years ago.

I had charge of this for a few brief weeks before finding the perfect new home for it on the other side of the ocean from where I live, and thus couldn’t bring it home in the luggage:

7 Likes

:sob:

1 Like

I had no idea it had been sat in storage, and then in the garage we cleared out, for 23 years…

1 Like

I’ve got many old multitrack machines in various states of disrepair. Only the Fostex A8 1/4" and Tascam 424MkIII cassette are working properly. I am working on a Teac 22-4 1/4" 4-track at the moment in the hopes of getting it up and running as it should be. I’ve also got a Tascam 80-8 and 58, both of them with relay issues (and probably more). I’ve been chasing that 1/4" 8-track fix for decades. :dizzy_face:‍:dizzy:

4 Likes

The new curator of the JVC has the skills to get it working again (the ffwd has borked now in a strange manner, it seems), and he’s ripped a load of the tapes that were stored with it too as well - weird shit from a long-departed friend of mine (and of the Dots…) that it’s going to be ever-so strange hearing for the first time…

3 Likes

took me a whole day to sort cable & PSU stuff here and there.
wow, my room looks like a dwelling again!

5 Likes

Morning delivery from Juno UK

Erica Synths Black Sequencer

Looks and feels amazing. :+1:

9 Likes

This time I’ll keep it…

23 Likes

Added the Syntakt and 0Ctrl over the last few months. I plan on writing a full album using the Elektron boxes, Neutron, 0Coast, and Micromonsta2, along with some iPad stuff. Hopefully it works!

11 Likes

Look forward to hear/see what comes out of it!

1 Like

Upgraded from an mpc one to a mpc live 2. I did it purely for portability.

19 Likes

For making even bigger and chunkier drones; the Lyra-FX is a bit of a burly one itself, and the arrangement might need a rethink as the PSU inside the case is just a little bit in the way.

7 Likes

A Sonoclast RFD (Reset for DFAM)

Which on the face of it doesn’t seem too exciting, but being able to reset the DFAM’s sequencer opens up a bunch of possibilities for polymetric stuff. Plus just not having to faff around advancing the sequence to the right spot to sync up with everything else when you want to record seems like a nice bonus!

6 Likes

My first recording device.
Intentions are two finally have some music last beyond power off.

14 Likes

Wife is out of town. Feeling kind of aimless so I bought one of these:

My intention is to make nothing but plaintive drones for the next week.

16 Likes

OK so have now messed around with the Lambda2 for a couple of weeks now, and its an absolutely killer little box, particularly for the £75 it cost me on Reverb. Just ridiculous how much is packed into a unit that (from a quick google) seems to have been completely ignored when it was in production and garnered little attention since…

Just been using it for guitar (at some point will plug it into something synthy but most everything is in boxes at the moment, so guitar it is) and the combination of very decent filter and drive is giving all manner of satisfying precisely calibrated fuzziness. The resonance enables everything to be just perfectly poised on the edge of self-oscillatory self-destruction. And the ability to switch between 1-4 poles gives a whole load more control over sound texture.

Finally the “xpres” jack on top is an additional bonus - an expression-to-CV convertor out to enable control over the cut/resonance/VCA (or indeed anything else CV-ish you sit next to it). A most interesting toy. Recommended if you see one come up for a decent price anytime.

2 Likes

miniKORG 700 FS finally made it to my place after ordering it last Summer. It’s all I had expected from it. The suitcase is top quality.

This is a thing of Beauty and it sounds amazing.

51 Likes

Wow looks gorgeous. Did not know they reissued this.

1 Like

Bought a new chorus pedal:

I’m a big fan of Way Huge pedals, and wanted more variety in my chorus selections. The vibe option is an added bonus. I own a lot of guitar pedals in total, but only a couple chorus options.

One day it will be swapped on one of my guitar pedalboards or used in the studio. No immediate intentions for it,

4 Likes

Just ordered a couple of these for my case as it expands needs must. Coming tomorrow from Signal Sounds in Glasgow :+1:

Doepfer Mini Stereo Mixer

4 Likes