What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

As someone with an ob-6 keys and pro 3, I can confirm that they play nicely together. It’s a mean Dave Smith combo.

5 Likes

19 Likes

That’s awesome! Congrats!

3 Likes

Thanks! Always wanted a legit Mustang.

3 Likes

That makes two of us! Gasing for one ever since I picked one up! Enjoy!

1 Like

A4 MKII
DSC03481_DxO_small
Thanks to this thread Isn't the Analog Four the most incredible and deep instrument from Elektron so far? and @B_LD’s A4 tracks.

Intentions: to make some of those famous Thin and Weak™️ sounds and to modulate my Rytm because we didn’t get the second LFO in the update.

26 Likes

…since i’m not investing in hw lately, since i have to overcome my option paralysis in bitwig first, i bought some maxforlive sequencing knowhow/skills as a vst this weekend, to shortcut all that same and even more options to achieve the same in bitwig easily, but still, once i saw THIS…

i thought, well, that’s obviously doing quite some tricks in one nice mainframe, that’s enabling me to skip the endless ways to do so also in bitwig…
gave it a try and yup, it does the trick…

4 Likes

Wishing you a great time and all possibly required patience with that incredible A4!

I’m flattered to say the least that my humble experiments could have played a role in your decision making. :relaxed: :green_heart:

1 Like

I just bought a broken A&H Xone:23 with one one-legged channel because I only really need it for the effects loop and will have everthing on on channel anyway…

I need to open it up to convert one phono channel to line.

Will I be able to resist trying to fix the other channel? Not a chance.
Hooray more “TO DO” list"!

2 Likes

Score on that 2600m!

2 Likes

yep, the stars aligned and i jumped right on it without thinking! been after one since it came out

4 Likes

And then you’ll find out the A4 is a fantastic drum machine in its own right……

3 Likes

Thin, so they slice through the dark fat of the Rytm. It’s a symbiosis.

2 Likes

Just bought an Eventide Ultratap from a friend that should be here in a couple of days. Looking forward to putting guitar and synths through it.

3 Likes

One of my favorite delays! It was constantly on my H9. I still use the software version as well.

3 Likes

I have the plugin version so I have an idea of what I can do with it. I’ve wanted the Space or Blackhole pedal for a long time as well.

Found the drum pad to complete the set with my Nord Drum 2 in a pawn shop! Asked if they’d take less and they did - woo! Intentions are expressive rhythmic additions and hands-on fun with all the chimes etc. Thought it’d be fun for me but a nice visual aspect to playing live too

5 Likes

I’m going to be doing a lot more mastering this year so needed to start a nice hardware chain for my hybrid setup. I have always loved the neve silk, so thought this would be a good start.

Probably going to be offering some free mastering to elektronauts in a month or so once I fully wrap my head around wavelab and get my workflow sorted, so if you have something you have been wanting mastered just keep that in the back of your head lol.

22 Likes

literal humanitarian right here, nice one.

5 Likes

What: Yamaha PSS A-50 Beginner‘s keyboard
Whatfor: Midiing everything out of it and make covers of classic EBM and early hiphop tracks with midi and A-50 only.

6 Likes