What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Dirty bass & drone.

24 Likes

Sold my 2500+ (never gelled with it) and got the Elysia mpressor. Tried to desperately to get a similar sound from the Plugin Alliance mpressor. Impossible.

This will probably not be my last piece from Elysia.

Hardware:

Plugin:

Dry:

13 Likes

any chance you can add a dry snippet too?

An exceptional choice for bass.

1 Like

U2, they are everywhere!

1 Like

Sure. Attached it to the original post. Please make a better attempt than me, I just couldn’t get it right with the plugin :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t have the mpressor plugin, I have a phobia of compressors without dry/wet param :slight_smile:

yeah the hardware sounds very different compared to the plugin, maybe there’s a gain staging factor?

edit2: looking at the manual there’s clearly a thing with Gain control, it adds saturation, so maybe lowering the input and driving the Gain higher can get fatter results, I’ll wait for a sale and get the plugin, love the alpha and really curious about the mpressor too

the plugin doesn’t sound bad just thinner, maybe I should get it too…

edit: changed my mind, will wait for a sale lol

3 Likes

I recorded the dry version at the same level, just bypassed the hardware mpressor. Then I gained it until I got the same gain reduction as the hardware. The plugin does not react the same way as the hardware. The controls does not match at all, so I tried to match it best I could (I failed).

You can try it out for 14 days free! That’s what I did. Wanted to get e feel of the controls before getting the hardware. Compared it to Vertigo VSC-3 but the mpressor had the sound I was looking for.

ps. I (output) gained almost to the max in the plugin.

2 Likes

The most uncomfortable in-ears evar :wink:

11 Likes

At first, I thought the same.

5 Likes

Dry one sounds better in my speakers

1 Like

Never liked U2… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Could be wrong but I think this is what was meant.

6 Likes

atm there’s a SID station on there.Just saying…

Push 3 Bible. Enjoying the learning so far.

1 Like

Everything is possible, at Zombo.com

5 Likes

hungover drunk

16 Likes

Teenage Engineering Futbol Operator

As someone with an ob-6 keys and pro 3, I can confirm that they play nicely together. It’s a mean Dave Smith combo.

5 Likes

19 Likes