What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Thanks, I’ll check it out!

Not entirely sure about it but I remember seeing someone using it with different clock divisions AND step number per lane. If it can do this that’s my main suggestion of things to try with it :wink:

1 Like

Yeah it’s got ratcheting and random steps there’s some videos on you tube. It’s credited as being developed in collaboration with Kraftwerk so there’s some very interesting quirks

3 Likes

Kraftquirks?

4 Likes

Ratcheting even? Cool, I didn’t know that.

Intending to see if this is the portable stereo dream compressor + Eq I’ve always wanted (look ahead, various compression modes, dual band, HPF+LPF SC, auto gain, flexible eq routing)

Follow along at Source Audio Atlas Compressor pedal (stereo + so much under the hood)

8 Likes

Please report back, I’m also interested. You already know the EHX Platform. They don’t have the same specs but it would be useful to know your thoughts.

A mint iPad Pro 12.9" 1TB with Magic Keyboard and Pencil from eBay for exactly half the cost of Apple UK RRP (just over a grand saved).

Guess the 16GB of RAM will come in handy (available on 1TB and 2TB models only). Having a blast with Drambo and have a OP-1F and TX-6 for Aug delivery to go with it.

Think my gear purchases are over (famous last words)

4 Likes

That kinda sounds great

1 Like

I did not plan to purchase another synth this year, but could not pass up a Moog Grandmother Dark on sale:

It will more than likely be added to my present Moog Semi-Modular Studio 3 (DFAM, Mother-32, Subharmonicon) setup that also includes a second Mother-32.

13 Likes

encountered & bought Electribe EA-1 Mk2 for less than $120.
no particular intention, just wanted it for quite a long time.

6 Likes

Report is low fidelity when pedal is engaged. No way to get around it.
Pedal will be returned.

But in other, on topic news, my (2nd go with a) TR6S arrived. Had a little Syntakt TR6S jam last night and it’s just what I needed.

18 Likes

Added a TR-6S to my DN to have dedicated percussion / samples machine and free the precious DN channels to do their thing…
From the first couple of hours with the tr-6s it’s just perfect for me, great size, great sound, running through the DN input I can use the DN reverb / delay / chorus which is fun :slight_smile: … and faders! :open_mouth:

21 Likes

A friend sent this to me because he knows I might need it (more in that in a day or two):

11 Likes

NEED a tuner…. :thinking:

vintage Model D incoming?

2 Likes

Already have one of those… ( I think it’s more about the format)

15 Likes

Bought this preset pack and the other Berlin School one for Wavestate.

My buddy wanted to do a synth jam. He jammed on the Moog Matriarch and Subhharmonicon and I jammed on the Wavestate.

4 Likes

Have you made the wooden case by yourself? Looks solid! Still considering if I may spend the time to make one for mine ^^

1 Like

Oh no, definitely not. I am no woodworker. Both the Minimoog and Prophet-5 were in rough condition when I got them, so I sent them to Wes Taggart (Analogics) who rehoused them both in curly maple. I would imagine that it’s quite possible to DIY similar results if you have the woodworking skills, though.

4 Likes

Enjoy!!

I absolutely LOVE my Grandmother. It has its limitations, but it’s just a beautiful sounding and playing instrument. It’s just truly enjoyable to play. Mine is right above my Hydra Deluxe, and I’ve been dual-manualing. It makes me play more and program less.

3 Likes