What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Check that the R’n’B musicians of Elektronauts are as good as they say. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Good stuff. Glad you are happy. How long until you get the Fader??? :joy:

1 Like

Haha! Probably a while tbh, the main output covers the channel volume so that’ll do me ok, plus the additional foot print is a consideration, although they are super small. I am a faders fan tho so, will see how poor i feel next year haha

Thanks again tho, you were key in just prompting me to look again and very glad i did.

Omg this is beautiful! There will be drone.

42 Likes

Man, you’re really riding high on that beast mono synth wave! :slightly_smiling_face: Matriarch, Minikorg 700-FS and now this!

Then again, I’ve lately (I’m probably just slow) come to the conclusion that having more than one ”character” or ”beast” mono synths makes much more sense than having several ”big” poly synths.

6 Likes

That is beautiful! Belongs also in gear-that-is-art

3 Likes

There is no denying that! I’ve been sitting on some gear for a long time not able to let go of them while not getting anything done either and now it’s become clear it’s pointless. Better to just sell what’s not being used and get some new inspiring gear instead. :slight_smile:

This thing sounds soooooo good!
I really can’t believe the tones coming out of this machine.

1 Like

V true!!

It’s gorgeous, but that’s a point I don’t understand: why put speakers on such a kind of synth?

1 Like

To be able have them rattle the chassis and the spring reverb thus creating trippy feedback sounds, and also for fun I guess. I think its a cool idea to have everything you need in one box.

3 Likes

Always happy to help a fellow Naught :+1:

1 Like

Sounds so good, uhhh wow!

7 Likes

recently bought a monome and fates (diy norns) and my intentions are to check the tracking numbers and pretending there will be an update every twenty minutes for the next two weeks

1 Like

I had to cancel the second hand analog rytm MK1, because I did not want to take the risk with the screen. Decided I am going to save up for a Mk2 for Christmas next year.

In order to reward myself for that delayed gratification decision, I ordered this little beast

It was actually on my wishlist for a long time already.

Played with it for a few hours, and I start to wonder why they did not call it Pandora’s box.

Would have fit the theme and would be an accurate metaphor for the frikkin’ monstersounds that can come out of this little box.

12 Likes

I traded my Analog Four that I was not using anymore since quite a while for those two old rack units. Dual channel (or stereo) spring reverb from Fostex (sound AWESOME) and BBD delay / flanger / chorus from Ibanez, both working perfectly and going very well with each other.

I plan to dub the F$%k out of everything in the studio with those two, or more generaly to use less srping reverb plugins that I find are not as good as the real thing.

22 Likes

Never ever going to not love spring reverb or BBD arrivals so a purchase that includes both is an immense win in my eyes - dual springs, even more so!

2 Likes

Indeed, it’s like when you buy bread and butter at the same time hahaha

1 Like

Definitely - a truly iconic pairing!

Why have I only just got one of these?!? Noisy as hell and lovely :smiley: £100 well spent.

15 Likes

See you in the Current Sounds…Rubberneck.

1 Like