What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Thanks for reminding me to book a flight your way. Don’t worry V-Synth…daddy’s coming to get you…just don’t tell Wolfie

1 Like

Nice!! I had one of those this spring and really enjoyed it. Great features for the price (especially of discounted). You can send the auxs to the DT/DN for some FX or sampling

Oh – that’s a good idea. I feel like I’m just scratching the surface of what I can do with it, but so far it seems pretty straightforward to use. Only problem is figuring out some good storage solution for it, since there don’t appear to be too many cases for this size mixer.

I was very very sceptical about the built in speaker. I just didn’t see the point of it. I’ve always judged instruments as “serious musical instruments” or “home-keyboards bought from the supermarket” by the fact of them having built in speakers or not.

I couldn’t fathom Akai’s decision to make the Live II bigger and less portable by adding a f**king tv soundbar on the bottom.

But now I’m converted. I’m born again. Hallelujah!

It actually makes the thing even more portable by offering an included soundsystem. No need to have headphones or any other cables with me anymore as I can just take the Live with me to the hammock and bash away. The sound quality (and pressure) on these speakers is amazingly good for their size. I didn’t push the volume even halfway up and it was way too loud for this hour and pleasingly bassy and rich in low end. The engineers do amazing things these days.

8 Likes

I also never saw any great added value between the MK1 and the MK2 as I also thought the speaker is „meh“ and I don‘t need CV. But now… do I need a MK2? No. Do I want to upgrade? Yes!

1 Like

Picked up this monster from @wickfut today. Cheers mate, appreciated.
To the uninitiated she may look like an average rompler from ‘89/‘90, but really she’s one of the most powerful hardware FM (actually AFM + AWM2 + RCM) synths ever made. She also has 12 (yes, twelve) audio outputs.
Intentions: to explore the outer boundaries of progressivenew-ageminimaldeepbasstechhop (and not the children’s kind!), before crushing wimpy 4op FM techno-pap to dust with the sheer strength of her synthesis mega-powers. Or maybe make ambient Muzak for expensive spa hotels.

19 Likes

One of the best synths Yamaha ever built. I sooooo regret selling one.

2 Likes

I was working in a music shop when they were released in late ‘89. Everyone was in awe the day the SY and TG77 arrived. The TG was £1399uk but I was only being paid £50 per week. :sleepy:

4 Likes

I first saw it in 1990. Around the same time as the Wavestation. It looked awesome, but was well out of my budget - as was the Wavestation, which completely knocked me off my feet. I eventually compromised with a TG33 when it was released and even that was a big financial stretch for me. Eventually I’d sell my car to get a Wavestation EX when it came out, but it would be over a decade before I got that ‘77. Shoulda kept it.

3 Likes

I’d love a TG77 someday, jealous (crawls to sofa with Volca FM)

3 Likes

Custom start-up screen message.

12 Likes

Do you mean Digitone? :slight_smile:

1 Like

midiFighter Twister
Plan on running a small Ableton rig into my Elektron rig :3lektron:

6 Likes

Bugger! It was late.

2 Likes

Model:Cycles arrived today so I’m back in the Elektron club. £170 second hand from Andertons, absolute mint condition. But no stickers!

Gonna pair it with my TR-6S and a 1010 Bluebox for my USB-powered camping setup…

5 Likes

2 pairs of FeiYue sneakers - free shipping for orders with 2 pairs, direct from https://feiyue-shoes.com/. Ordered after watching Mark Wildman’s video - one pair is navy blue just like in the video:

The other pair I got was black - the red looks hot too but the black is less likely to show grime.

Intention: Save wear and tear on my other sneakers by spreading the wear across multiple pairs.

He’s right about this brand being widely used in martial arts. My Taijiquan teacher recommended FeiYue. I also agree about lots of other brand shoes being overpriced. What he says about throwing into the washing machine contradicts the company’s own advice.

3 Likes

I need to look into these. I’ve been looking for a good maker/supplier of vegan sneakers. Most of their shoes seem to be vegan.

3 Likes

After the last firmware update I decided to give it a try.

My intentions with it (for know) are to pair it with my digitakt as a synth or with custom fx’s for live performing.

I’m really amazed of how this makes me think in how synth’s and fx’s are built and their sounds.

8 Likes

Well the analog keys just made me want more analog, so I found a good deal on a Rytm.

Intentions: dirty beats

21 Likes

I’m not judging but it’s still strange to eat shoes.

7 Likes