What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Every time I see a photo of your stuff, I start jonesing for a DFAM…

1 Like

Just get one already :wink:

1 Like

I am not sure where I would put it. I already have one too many thingies. But dang. I really wouldn’t mind getting one of those.

Honestly, until I saw the Elta edition I didn’t even realise the 4 existed! Does it still have all the external audio processing ability? I imagine it will do

Fairly expensive, It was around $280 US dollars. It’s very very nice though and worth it to me.

Hand made in and ships from Greece.

1 Like

Sadly it does not. I had also assumed it would because of previously having the 8, but this was Soma’s first mass-produced product and I guess it hadn’t been implemented it yet. No biggie as I have a lot of other things to run signals thru :slight_smile:

It does have the CV inputs however.

1 Like

It’s like a little chunk of history sitting in the middle of your setup. I love it!

1 Like

Actually have spent the last 20 years looking for the ideal ensemble fx for synth strings, yet never thought to consider this or the original.
Whaddya know. It’s perfect.

10 Likes

You’re a master of understatement, Mr Solida.

4 Likes

This pedal is gold, it sound awesome on almost everything (speical mention for my JX3P and Fender Jazz Bass tho)

1 Like

no-input shenanigans

6 Likes

Boum arrived! Patiently waiting on my desk until I get done with work. Overall build quality seems excellent, except the plastic knobs which feel a little cheap and light vs the metal body. Was sort of expecting a heavier/slower feel for finer adjustments - I’ve heard the Boum can get really wild, but I intend to use the drive/level/mix fairly minimally on the master…

14 Likes

Just bought the Arturia Spring-636, this thing sounds fucking incredible… Plan to use it for dub tricks of course

2 Likes

Overdrive it and use it for saturation. That’s why the Grampians are so revered and the VST does it really nicely too

2 Likes

Our son saw this pic and said: buy this one dad, I will help you play it in my room! :rofl:

2 Likes

That’s awesome. I haven’t shown it to my son yet, who will no doubt want to play with all the LED sliders (he’s 5)…

1 Like

Uuuuuuuhhhh!
Isn’t she just a thing of utter beauty.

From what I’ve gathered I bought it at the 11th hour as the limited run is running out. Only a few left at certain retailers.

Really happy that I went for it even if it means a small financial feat to earn the money back. Already placed ads for a bunch of my cupboard gear that I haven’t used in a while. Hopefully they’ll sell fast.

25 Likes

That retro colourway is really lovely. I’m not in the market for an MPC Live, but if I were, I’d want the retro one!

1 Like

Picked up a Yamaha MG12 mixer from Amazon Warehouse (listed as “acceptable” for about half price, but other than lacking the original packaging, the thing seems brand new):

Intention: to make it easy to route a bunch of instruments and a DT & DN into a loop pedal, rather than plugging/unplugging things repeatedly. Next step – figure out if I really want to upgrade the RC-1 looper into something bigger, with more tracks, like an RC-500 or an Aeros Loop Studio.

9 Likes

Same!

5 + sliders/leds = party

2 Likes