What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

who are the high profile demos guys you’re talking about? I’m interested, thanks :blush:

I just bought Xequence 2 for my iPad after deliberating for months about how to sequence my gear. I’ll probably continue to use my M:S to program a lot of stuff, dump that into the app and go from there.

Now, in theory, I’ll eventually be able to sequence my hardware and my apps together, if need be and demo them in AUM easily. I’m also thinking that - again, in theory - Xequence will let me build backing tracks for when I play duo/trio gigs with my friends and might want some more accompaniment. I just loaded a GM file* into it and after a few minutes of doinking around I had routed the drums, chords, melody and bass into four different iOS apps. So far, very cool.

Now I just need a nice, reliable MIDI hub. I’m thinking either the retrokits or Blokas.

*Silent Running by Mike + the Mechanics, if anyone was interested

2 Likes

It’s been a while since I actually bought a tune.

3 Likes

image image image image

Sample & Flip!

8 Likes

Don’t flip those Rolands. Those are keepers.

3 Likes

Dayum. I wouldn’t flip any of those, except maybe the digital ones.

Did you get all them in one go?

Yeah - All of em in one shot, seems like a 1-man band from 1985 sold me his entire rig.

I lucked out; originally I only wanted the 234 for making stuff do the overdriven cassette thing, and for making stuff sound old.

Instead, I end up with immaculately cared for synths, including this beast I’d never heard of, the MTI Auto Orchestra.

image image image image image image image image

18 Likes

I feel like I ought to keep a ‘go bag’ packed for situations like this… :crazy_face:

5 Likes

You’re looking at my “too good to pass up synthesizer fund”, which is now at $0.

5 Likes

I have a fund like that. It’s at ‘$0” more than it’s not. Seriously, some real gems there. My two favorite 80’s Roland synths among them, one of the best Yamaha drum machines and the gloriously kooky MTI (which has some really nice sounds - one could come up with a whole set of usable samples from that thing).

Great finds!

5 Likes

that looks amazing. please post some audio when you get it working!

1 Like

Loving it, especially after putting it through the H9!

Current plans are to get another, rack it up in a 3 tier with my Subharmonicon and invite Lyra to the party to form an ambient supergroup.

8 Likes

After preparing financially for a flagship mono and close consideration between Pro-3 and Matriarch, I finally pulled the trigger:

9 Likes

Analog heat! Current darling is Rough Crunch

12 Likes

what’s that?

…sigh…

2 Likes

Roadwork stand

TC wiretap

Orange terror stamp

9 Likes

I don’t know how the new SD-1w (or CE2w) sound, but I can’t play my 80’s SD-1 unless it’s going through a chorus or in parallel with a clean signal, in which case it’s splendid.

1 Like

I never used an original but the CE-2W sounds amazing. I haven’t had to look at another chorus pedal since. Running the SD-1w into it just makes sense. I’ll have to try running it parallel with my dry signal, that sounds like a great idea.

Legendary score man… I’ve come across a few in my time but never music gear related. Enjoy them!

1 Like