What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Hi Elektronauts!

i’m new here and this is my first post but i’ve been dablin’ around since a few weeks.

I bought a Model: Cycles a few weeks ago and i like it a lot.
So much that i’m already thinking about integrating in a liveset setup, i’ve done livesets with other gear anno 2007-2010 buth sold all my gear (i miss my Korg EMX1 a lot !) when kids came in my life.

But now they’re older and i have more free time (and money) again :wink:

I’m planning on buyin’ the digitakt next, do the drums on that and send midi signals to the cycles to use it as a six-voice synth.
Altough i’m sure i’d like the Digitone too for a live setup, the Digitakt is probably the wisest choice .

10 Likes

Just received and installed the MPC stuff fat pads on my SP404. Not only do they look cool but they feel noticeably better. They’re softer with less travel making them feel good and act more responsive.

20 Likes

Welcome to the community.

DT is a great and powerful match for the Cycles and numerous other boxes as your game grows. Have fun.

1 Like

This is what happens when I go on Reverb blind stinking sober.

Intentions: thickness

25 Likes

I have so much love for that synth.

4 Likes

Indeed, the DT is a solid choice when starting a small but efficient setup. Welcome!

1 Like

I’m still surprised that Elektron never released an AK2.

2 Likes

Yeah I can’t wait. It’s always been on my radar but I didn’t expect to get one anytime soon. I was surprised at how little I knew about its capabilities until after the purchase, but I’m more and more excited to dig in.

1 Like

Same. But now that I sprung for a Mk1 you can be expect a Mk2 any day now. You’re quite welcome.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard.

The DT is a candidate for my all time favorite bit of hardware. It’s for sure my desert island machine. Great choice!

Try the Samples From Mars essential collection on for size, and look for single cycle waveforms. You can loop those bad boys and turn the DT into a capable synth. They also take up next to no space on the DTs hard drive.

5 Likes

Another Tascam, this time the smaller, digital Model-12. I already have a Model-16, but it was being underutilized, as I used it mainly for four (mostly mono) synths and some effects. The Model-16 has now been moved to another part of the room where it can be better utilized, replacing the previous Zed-18, which is now in the hands of another ‘Naut.

I intend to use it primarily as a monitoring mixer for 2600, VCS3, Model-10, and my Synthesizers.com modular system. I’ll also likely track some stuff with it when I don’t want to fire up the computer. Additionally, it can be carried into the large concrete rooms in the basement, where it can drive the RYTM which, in turn, will control Polyend Percs banging on some drums.

23 Likes

Control Cronenberg cables. Long live the new flesh :skull:

21 Likes

I need those now

1 Like

AND…glow in the dark!

MUST HAVE

1 Like

That’s what I thought! Thonk said they would be re-stocking 4-5 weeks. These are 15cm (bit short) but there are 22 & 30cm as well.

2 Likes

Beautiful.

Achieve absolute wholeness.

4 Likes

I’m reuniting with one of my all time favorite instruments. Oh gosh, how I’ve missed you lil’ buddy. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Ha! Not telling how much you paid. I hope it was a good deal. It really is a unique thing. I had one way back in 2012, when I didn’t know WTF I was doing and sold it after about a year. I’ve had thoughts about picking another one up from time to time. Enjoy.

1 Like

Frap Tools USTA

Intentions, esoteric sequencing in the eurorack realm.

Let’s see if this is the one!?

17 Likes