What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Birthday gift from the girlfriend. :heart_eyes: Intention is to make my guitar and synths wobbly.

19 Likes

My first Moog

20 Likes

I downloaded the demo yesterday night and made a quick test and finally bought the plug :grinning: :grinning:

It works fine, with minimal effort you can get a decent result. Nice :+1:

1 Like

Need I say more ?

20 Likes

Doooope

Finally after many yearsā€¦ the Quadraverb GT.

Intention: more 90ā€™s Warp

14 Likes

Yup ! I had a Ti and sold it. Was going for the Kyra thinking it would replace the Virus but there is simply nothing like it in my opinion. Just amazing for such ā€œoldā€ tech.

2 Likes

I was reading a thread on gearslutz about these units (piqued my interest) . I think someone compared it to Strymon and Eventide ?

1 Like

Been considering this one.

That and the Midiverb II below it are my favorite sounding conventional reverbs of all time. They have character and a certain ā€œthicknessā€ to the ambience that newer units canā€™t match, although some come close (like OTO Bam and the Blackhole algorithmā€¦)

For more modern out-there granular reverb sounds Iā€™m excited to explore Beads, what Iā€™ve heard so far is awesome.

5 Likes

This and Modechoverb keep Eventide Space top of my list still

2 Likes

I love the way these look. Like a machine should.

2 Likes

2nd hand Kodamo EssenceFM I was GASsing after. Though now I have it, Iā€™m not loving the fact that it is such a screen driven unit. Maybe I will sell it. Not love at first use at all. Still very much polyphony beckons, as I figure out if I want it (now that I have it :rofl:)

6 Likes

I ordered a Polyend Tracker MK3 apparentlyā€¦.

My intentions are to discuss the material of the bottom case on elektronauts forum :thinking:

Itā€™s also a trip down memory lane as I started making music in the early 1990s with ProTracker on Atari 1040 STE and later on PC with Screamtracker, FastTracker 2, Impulse Tracker, Modplug Tracker, Psycle, Buzz, Aodix etc.

RIP Arguruā€¦

14 Likes

A mk3 in the wild? - big question is, how does it feel wrt build quality?

1 Like

Psycle was a good one, I made a lot of music in psycle 20 years ago :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes, Psycle was great :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Arguru died way too young, he made/started some really great software projectsā€¦

I found an old Psycle song of mine, sorry if a bit off topic for this threadā€¦

Fine :rofl:

Great track, I particularly like the high synths. Psycle had such a clean punchy sound, combined with the tracker and vst hosting it was really specialā€¦

ā€¦back on topic: enjoy the polyend tracker, I have thought about getting one myself but am currently enjoying M8 too much to consider it at the moment.

My latest purchase: a teensy to run M8 Headless :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Enjoy your M8! No need to own every piece of kit in the worldā€¦

1 Like