What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

I couldn’t resist the price and after looking in too things I see that Yamaha still fully support the 01V96i so I went for it…the price was great compared to other stores. I’m just not sure how I’m gonna connect my iConnectivity MIO XL now lol
It’s the setting up of things that confuse me massively but so happy this new desk is coming tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

nice. Post it here when u do will ye.

love seein a bit o breakcore on elektron gear.

2 Likes

Hopefully iConnectivity releases the full-fledged iConfig software for the X-series. It’s been a long time coming. That’ll make routing much more flexible than their newer Auricle app, especially with a digital mixer.

Joel from iConnectivity said the replacement for the iConnectAudio4+ will be released early this year, but he wouldn’t tell me if it would be an 8 or 16 channel interface. :smile: I’ve been waiting for that one, to serve as 1 audio+MIDI interface for both the iPad + Windows laptop. For a compact setup with only 3 or 4 hardware synths.

1 Like

That’s the beauty of the Mio XL. Just connect all of your midi gear to it, then create presets routing it however you want.

1 Like

It will be there on Monday :heart_eyes_cat:

22 Likes

Hi well I haven’t even used an iConnectivity product before i’s brand new in the box from last weeks delivery but it looks fantastic, only switched it on to see if it powered up but I am looking forward to using it… right now I’m googling power conditioners I think I’ll need 2 of them for the rack for my gear. Iv’e seen Furman and Adam Hall so far just a matter of choosing

Honestly its one of the best things I’ve bought for my studio, alongside the ERM multiclock.

Makes it so easy to try different setups. Also, having all of the usb host connections allows me to connect my usb gear without overloading my pc with usb gear. Has stopped all of the random errors and disconnects I was getting before.

1 Like

I may have to invest in one of these ERM clocks one day

4 Likes

This bit?

Well, I guess I meant that you can have all the music making equipment in the world, but if you can’t hear it properly or you don’t enjoy listening to it, you won’t get very far. So, some of the best money you can spend on gear is in terms of decent headphones and/or monitors. And I love using the LCD-1 a lot, so I’m using my gear more and listening to other music more :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Just ordered Lego Mindstorms ultrasonic and gyro sensors before they become difficult to get with EV3 discontinued. Intention: build more robotic overlords.

6 Likes

Just ordered a couple of Furman power conditioners this afternoon and a load of power extensions for the Samson SR-16 rack Iv’e been building hopefully these will do the job

One has rack lights and one doesn’t .

Should arrive in 3-5 days

1 Like

Now you know which one goes on top.

Haha could have gotten both with lights but what’s the point the one above can light the rest

1 Like

thanks I’ve been looking at those as well, being open back are they too loud for use while sitting next to someone?

also would you have gotten them to use even without the AudioQuest Dragonfly USB Amp?

Yes. It’s like a slightly less bassy replica coming out the other side. Luckily my gf has noise cancelling headphones. Definitely don’t subject anyone in an office to your music ‘taste’ :joy:

Yep. It was free so I thought why not. And tbh it’s good! But main intention was/is to go directly out of Rytm. They don’t need an amp at all. Only 16 Ω impedance, so even an iPhone can power them, never mind an Elektron.

But to avoid clogging up this thread, head over to the one I started for LCD-1 for more info:

1 Like

Got a 0-ctrl to go with the stand I ordered for the 0-coast :wink:

Kind of funny, I found the stand on Etsy and didn’t know until it shipped that it was made in the next town over.

Intention is to be reeeally nice to the gf tomorrow.

14 Likes

Just ordered this little badger. I’m off into another 9 week bio-secure bubble for work in a fortnight, so I thought I’d treat myself in advance of the torture.
The last time I took a Mini-Mothership away with me, the Sound Supervisor on the job gave me a Midas DM-16 that was surplus to his requirements, which was lovely and incredibly kind of him an all, but it is a bit of a heavy and cumbersome lump to lug about and the Bluebox obviously multitrack records and has the battery powered option. I was just recording the main outs into my H4N Pro in the previous set up, which was ok but this is going to give me better options, way more flexibility and onboard fx.
Really look forward to hearing how it sounds.
Does anyone know if it has Midi Transport Start, that’ll start the M:C when I hit record?

15 Likes

Early Sunday morning wake up call by DPD

YAMAHA 01V96i

The unboxing… this thing is bigger than I thought.

150906672_786126945591369_8698716077804997819_n

150449208_811390009587219_9018128724127766950_n

150271338_164561325473751_1524687166486764823_n

Intentions - get wired up and delve deep in to it’s features.

16 Likes

You should it change the life the good way

and the 01V96i ! good an old classics on its own

It feels amazing really solid. Only had it 15 minutes just switched it on see if it was all good… seems packed with features this one and 16 channels of USB audio… Nice :slight_smile:

1 Like