What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

the real deal :handshake:

1 Like

It really is! A friend of mine who has had one for ages gave me a crash course today and my mind is blown. Not only does it sound amazing but its so deep and full of interesting machines. I´m convinced I won´t be buying new synths in a long time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

later tonight, as @Ozone sleeps:

17 Likes

5 Likes

I needed a Keybed in my setup. I sold a few things to get it.

After thoughts, I said to myself : Maybe I can add something on top of it. I ended up buying this :

Summary

Now I have to put the Peak in my Rackmount but they don’t sell the Peak Rack ears in my Country (Canada). Anyone ordered these from US or Europe or know a place in Canada?

6 Likes

I’ve heard of Elvis showing his face on MD start up on rare occasions but this is a whole other level…

1 Like

Added a pair of Genelecs with the intention of…eh, better mixes :grin:

15 Likes

ATX case because I forgot to think about case dimension when I ordered the new mainboard. After all these years doing this makes one feel kinda noob again

1 Like

Very nice, which model?

1 Like

It’s the 8020c - just played a few hours but it’s almost magical how it can sound this big!

2 Likes

Just ordered a new mixer 10 minutes ago. I had been looking around for a week or so and found this one for only £899.00 brand new with 2yrs warranty.

It seems to have the features I need for my setup.

Yamaha 01V96i Mixing Console

There are still 7 brand new ones available… looking forward to hooking this up.

8 Likes

Get the 7050 sub, and you will wonder wy anybody buys big speakers at all!

2 Likes

interesting… I’ve been considering the 8010a’s as an alternative to my Adam A7’s… what’s your main set of monitors and how do these compare so far?

1 Like

To be fair, I haven’t prioritised monitors enough. I’ve had the Behringer 3031As since 2010 and I’ve been happy with them (they’re actually really good!) but I’ve managed to fuck one of the woofers up and it will need some fixing. When these 8020s (almost mint condition) came up in a local friend deal, I jumped on it. I’ll keep the Behringers but really don’t expect using them…at all.

I’ve been fortunate to spend quite a bit of time in a few studios with great monitors and was always very impressed with the Genelec monitors (loved those 1030s!) a big as small.

So pleased :grin:.

Already thought about it :grin::+1:

Sorry, missed this. The Genelecs really feel so transparent. I used to have Yamaha MSP3s once and I never got even close to the detail - certainly not the bass depth and clarity and the non-fatigue overall sound.

I imagine these will be much easier on the ears while also provide more clarity abs depth than my Behringers.

1 Like

Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro.
Intensions is to use them until i get a better location for my monitors.
Its needed because our new puppy is so big that my monitors where at risk of getting damaged.
He is 6 months old, 35kg and clumpsy as puppies tend to be.

8 Likes

rytm mkii. i wanted to be able to go back to breakcore from all these ciat lonbarde/monome/mannequins spaces i’ve been living in musically.
i’m hella stoked and feel it’s gonna be cathartic af.

24 Likes

ok you gotta expand on this, what makes them so perfect for that?

Those are nice. Used to install the older ones with MLAN back in the day. Too bad Yamaha ditched that tech. Looks like network MIDI is making a comeback with MOTU, Akai, and iConnectivity, maybe Yamaha will try again? with multi-channel audio too over 1 cable?

1 Like