What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Ha! I put a bid in for this Lexicon MX200 last week and forgot about it… just said I’d won item so am happy with that

Original item

Delivery this week some time :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Waiting for Polyend Tracker, needless to say I am going to play some breakcore jungle with it… on the other hand I just built my last befaco module, a rampage, and I am astonished of the way it completely changed the way I was playing my rack!

2 Likes

See if I win this Lexicon MX400 lol only 9 minutes to go :slight_smile:

Update Yay

Won Lexicon mX200 and 400 total £208 gap

1 Like

I’ve had zero time to read/post in the last two weeks as I’ve been busy with my second hand book shop. We spent eight days cleaning the place up and took over 400 big boxes of stuff to the storage. Now the windows are open to the street and the place looks nice.

Now I’ve had the shop open for a week and it’s been amazing. This is my first free day in basically almost a month. The previous owner made a meagre sum of money every month. I’ve sold 150% of his monthly sales in the first week alone. Just by making the place more accessible and using social media to promote it.

I also had the national radio interview me and a bunch of magazines too. All the journalists asks the same question: “How dare you buy a second hand book/record/movie business in times like these?” I myself see it as a 100% futureproof business. It’s carbon neutral recycling and there’s still a lot of us old school people who like to read paper books & comics and who love to own their favourite albums on vinyl. The huge increase in sales goes a long way to prove this.

I traded a couple of pieces of gear still. A Yamaha QY-300 as I miss my QY-700 and one came along in the neighbouring town. The same dude also had a Boss GS-10 tabletop guitar multi-fx/audio interface which is just the right age for my XP laptop. As a bonus the dude brought me a box of vinyl his neighbour was about to throw in the trash bin. It had a lot of good stuff like Diamanda Galas and early Clannad, but most importantly it had Beauty by Ryuichi Sakamoto, an old favourite of mine.

( I also traded a Palmer pocket amp for my guitar for comics with a friend of mine.)

Good times!

33 Likes

Nice find. I keep two Lexicon MX200 units in my setup for general tape delays.

1 Like

Post more pics of the store when you have a chance!

3 Likes

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Quite a substantial change I’d say.
There’s still a lot more changes to come as all the furniture (except the main till) are going to get swapped for new ones as soon as the carpenter gets them done etc.

94 Likes

Deepest and heartiest congratulations. If I had a store like that near me I would be broke but good friends with the proprietor! :blush:

7 Likes

That’s amazing. I wish we had a shop like yours in my town (we do have some good used record stores, but nothing that covers “pop culture” as broadly as yours does)! It’s really inspiring to see someone follow their dream like this and take such a big chance, and I wish you all the success and happiness I hope this brings you!!

A lot of Elektronauts around the world are wishing you the best, so keep us posted about your progress (I think someone suggested that you create a thread for this–you were probably too modest, but I’d encourage you to do so!).

5 Likes

Super duper job bud. Congrats and all the best to you and your shop.

3 Likes

huge difference! seeing the earlier photos, i was thinking it needed to be more open, be more selective with displaying stuff, rotate stock, etc. may you have luck, prosperity, and joy in this new venture.

4 Likes

Fantastic and looks amazing!! Hard work pays off, keep it up!

3 Likes

Not sure how many reverbs you actually need, but I think you are soon to find that the reverbs on your new mixer a league above these MX’s.

Understand but I have also a live setup that I intend using my rack FX with… I haven’t tried the mixer FX yet so don’t know the quality of them. I’ll try them out with a synth in the next few days.

Fantastic - really great to see and best wishes for continued success!

2 Likes

Fantastic, good luck with this :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Coincidentally, one of my favourite bookstores when I was living in Phoenix back in the 1980s was called The Alpha Bookstore…

3 Likes

Got a used records store -if you can call it that- nearby that’s packed even worse than that! Will try n snap a shot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This will be my first port of call should I ever make it that far north. Good luck!

2 Likes