What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Really !! Didnt realise it was out of print ! It’s an awesome read though !

1 Like

I just gave this a listen. Not at all what I expected, but I dig it. :metal:

1 Like

@bemo Stick your cans on at bedtime and…

5 Likes

I’ve been on a The KLF kick all day and listened to The White Room as well as this, Chill Out. Can’t believe I’ve never heard of them. Thanks for the recommendation.

1 Like

I picked up an Analog Four mk1 last night! I’ve been on a roll with the Digitone lately, really enjoying making music with only synthesized sounds. I’ve also been looking for my first analog synth, and considered a few monosynths to sequence via my Digitakt or Digitone. The Elektron sequencer is just too good though, and p-locking only 8 parameters via MIDI just isn’t enough, so I ended up going for the A4.

My intention is to make some creamy yet gritty tones to complement my Digitone’s crisp ones :heart_eyes:

39 Likes

yes welcome to A4 club. Really looking forward to your tunes!

2 Likes

Best eurorack sequencer. I love mine to bits. It’s soooooo deep!!!

Thanks! I’ve explored it a bit already, and I understand what people mean when they say it’s not a sweet spot machine. Reminds me a lot of the Digitone a way. I imagine there’ll be a lot of careful balancing acts between a few parameters to hunt for the sweet spots :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

exactly. there are many parameters that interact with each other. Small changes can make huge differences in the overall sound.
The second filter in peak mode with high resonance can get you in all kind of places, as well as AM, or audio rate lfos on various parameters.
Many things to explore, many tricks listed on this forum. But I‘m very convinced you‘ll find your own :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah, It is quite mind-bending how much you can do with it. But also how quick it is to just get started with something small. Very impressed so far, and the feedback loop with the developers are absolutely first class!

That’s fantastic!

Been enjoying the A4 so much lately, but always wanted to try the AK. One popped up locally. Definitely useful enough to have 2 side by side, and the individual outs and advanced interface make the AK a sweet upgrade. Firmware was still on 1.16 or so. Guessing it had never been plugged into a computer before.

The internal rattling and one key intermittently triggering demanded a teardown, upon which I found the below item floating around inside. It has now been blessed.

46 Likes

amazing :joy:

1 Like

For those times when you need some cross-modulation in your patch…

37 Likes

Not really the latest purchase, but rather several:

A couple of new Digitone sound packs … I don’t think I will be able to explore all of them in one lifetime …

A-C Digitone Factory Content
D1-128 Dissonant_World_Vol_1
D129-256 Haunted_Hearts
E1-128 Hyper_Orbit
E129-256 URRRS x Digitone
F1-128 rtFM
F129-256 rtFM_2
G1-128 Elektron-Digitone-Nemesis-Sound-Pack
G129-184 rc-digitone-glow
G185-203 Juno_20_pack
G204-244 MilesKvndra_Digiworld
H1-H30 VA Wave Kit for Digitone
H31-H62 Dataline - The Digitone Experience
H63-H126 Luke Neptune’s House, Techno & Ambient Soundset - Digitone
H127-H182 Digitone_Fades_-(Grime&_House_Presets)

Organizing the presets takes a long time…

Haven’t you seen any movies?! Put it back, or your asking for an oblivion gate to open up in your bedroom!

4 Likes

I’m going to pair it with my MnM and explore them for the foreseeable future. I’m incredibly happy. :slight_smile:

28 Likes

Duo(s)

1 Like

I was considering glueing it to the inside of the frame. It’s survived this long. Need to get back in there. Intermittent key still slightly intermittent key.

I also picked up recently a pair of Klark teknik eqp-kt pultec styled equalisers. I have tried the machinedrum via analog heat, niio track thickener, overstayer fet and vca, compounder and RNC… some are better than others, but these eqp-kt’s are absolutely blowing me away with how large and present the machinedrum becomes. Low end beef and especially high end sparkle. Also beautifully softens the often times harsh highs. Very impressed with.

8 Likes

XD-5, nice!