What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

I wish gear was still built like that :slight_smile:
Using mine as a MIDI controller but mainly as a MCC for Reaper. Works great.
Thinking of buying a second one to have access to 16 tracks without swapping pages :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thats about the same as the bill i got from UPS when ordering a midihub as well. Iā€™m in Norway, so we are used to it. It isnt the VAT or tax that is annoying, its the ā€œhandling feeā€ most, if not all the distribution companies add to collect the VAT.

4 Likes

Brexit baby.
One way or another (Brexit or no), they would have found a way to rip people off.
Which is the case for everything and anything nowadaysā€¦

1 Like

Wait! Isnā€™t the handling fee etc already taken care of by Thomann as itā€™s FREE delivery anyways on products Ā£99 or more for instance?

This whole thing is an utter joke

Get used to it. I live in Switzerland and have to deal with this all the time. Quite a few times Iā€™ve sold things to EU countries only to have it returned by the buyer who refused to pay import duty (which is typically about 20% in my experience).

1 Like

Itā€™s an absolute joke mate. You pay for your goods, You pay the VAT on those goods but then these bottom feeders want you to pay more? Hmm ok Iā€™ll do it this time but they can go F**K themselves after this. :+1:

1 Like

Itā€™s not a good situation. Iā€™m English and Iā€™ve also lived in the USA, Germany and now Switzerland. I knew it would end in a mess, but at least us Brits can have bendy bananas and catch a few more cod now. Iā€™ll leave it there as this isnā€™t the place for this discussion.

6 Likes

I donā€™t remember exactly how it is with thomann. But the last part of the shipping is handled by the Norwegian post office, and they often have more reasonable prices on handling.

1 Like

Iā€™ll just wait and see what happens when the first lot of orders come tomorrow (MB33 + T-Resonator II) they were both ordered on 18.12.2020 usually here in 3 days but mysteriously only showing up on tracking now. However the New Years eve orders of (Faderfox EC/UC 4) will have to have VAT added alsoā€¦ had a few drinks seen how cheap they were and ordered only to sober up next day seeing no VAT was added at checkoutā€¦ My fault that one :frowning:
I feel sorry for these music stores as they all did great business before 01.01.2021 I can only see prices rising in future for musical instruments etc and nobody being able to afford already expensive hardware.

Anyways like @Grate_expectations saidā€¦ no place for this discussion

1 Like

welcome to what itā€™s like in Aus :roll_eyes:

we pay 5% import duty and then on top of that an extra 10% GST (your 400 order would end up 462)

1 Like

On a bright note, I have received the UC4 last week and is truly greatā€¦

2 Likes

Looking forward to receiving mine. Already just got the PC4 havenā€™t had a chance to try it yet so waiting to test with EC4/UC4 plenty of controls for my gear

The numerous off-topic posts canā€™t be moved/merged elsewhere. So please no more flags on these ones, but do keep it on topic please - nobody is checking this thread out for Brexit rants

9 Likes

Just came via UPS

8 Likes

iā€™m about to order the third Korg NTS-1ā€¦ (already have two)

but since itā€™s definitely not a good idea to waste a stereo pair in 8-channel mixer for every single NTS-1 ā€“ iā€™ve ordered this passive 4-pair mixer/splitter.

intention: not only mixing multiple NTS-1 to single stereo pair, but also using them as multiple parallel effect loops.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve got the Korg but havenā€™t built it yetā€¦ Is it worth it? Only seen a few YouTube videos on it.
No patch memory? FX sound good tho :+1:

itā€™s definitely worth it.
even if used just as ultra-portable FX unit to process synths.
even just with stock FX.
but the real fun begins when you get 3rd party plugins for it (many of them are free).

for a portable/live/jam rig (like mine) itā€™s ultra-versatile and super-capable machine that occupies about nothing in terms of space.

regarding patch memory ā€¦ there are workarounds.

Love mine - works perfectly so Iā€™m sure youā€™ll have great value of it

1 Like

My Evil Empire 2600 came today. Looks like a solid piece of kit.

Intention is to learn a little more about synthesis. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Wow where did you get it from?

1 Like