What's some gear you want you know you'll never own?

top of the list in the category of “things I’m an idiot for selling” is this synth (and I don’t want to tell you how little I sold it for, only a year ago). someday I’ll find another…

Want a Harpejji but the price is a bit much

5 Likes

Damn dude why would you let go of such a grail? Maybe the best sounding synth ever produced.

1 Like

UDO Audio Super 6

Too expensive in my opinion, yet still - these Pads sound amazing! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s worth getting a 770 if you’re a fan of the 700 and 800DV.

Ugh a 770 is my other other deep want. It’s so chunky and eager looking! If I had my 700, a 770, and an 800DV together all on one desk… oh my

1 Like

The filter input is damn near otherworldly. These 3 synths were criminally under rated, IMHO.

Maybe Behringer will clone it down the road if the $1500 is hard to swallow.

like I said… “things I’m an idiot for selling” :cry:

mainly let go of it because I was getting out of making music so much, trying to simplify my setup, and moving towards sequencing everything (it has no cv/gate without modification, and I had previously only physically played it when writing). not to mention I had plenty of sweet other gear. anyway, now I’d love to find another with cv/gate mods. such a raw, gritty sound; literally sounds alive. unlike any other Korg I’ve heard (and I have the MS20 with the screaming filter).

2 Likes

The Speck Xtramix has always been out of my reach, sadly.
http://www.speck.com/xtramix/xmix_2.html

3 Likes

Room within a room sound isolated studio
Drum set
Rhodes with semitone transposition
Big obnoxious top of the line workstation keyboard
Moog One
Pedal steel guitar
Cello

2 Likes

I don’t think pedal steels are that cost prohibitive necessarily

Niio Analog Track Thickener
MacBeth Elements EL2
EMS Synthi AKS
Cwejman S1
Elektron SID Station
Synton Fenix
Buchla Skylab
Elysia 500 series modules
Prophet 5
Moog One
Roland System 100
EMS Synthi 100

3 Likes

Bricasti M7 Stereo Reverb

That’s a for sure, absolutely, will never have item

2 Likes

Some of the choices weren’t based so much on price as much as other factors - for example I could get a drum set on craigslist for almost nothing but it’s unlikely (at least for the next 15-20 years) I’ll be able to afford a space to put it in my high cost of living area. Other ones I would like to have like the pedal steel and cello are more limited by time constraints than money or space issues. I’d love to have a cello but I don’t have the time to become proficient on it so it remains in the realm of vague gear lust.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve had basically the same thought about cello. Tried teaching myself to play the violin a bunch of years ago. That did not go well :smiley:

I wish I’d been in a position to buy the Swarmatron I reviewed once upon a time. So cool, so different! I guess I’d also love a CS80 if there was any way to get one into my attic studio. Otherwise, I’m old enough and fortunate enough to have owned all the other things I ever wanted; still hoping for a high quality Buchla Easel though.

1 Like

Buchla 200e. To get everything I want, it’d have to be at least an 18-space case (read: a $20,000+ system). In no possible world can I justify that kind of money on a modular synth… but it’s such a thing of beauty.

1 Like

I’m good for now. Nothing I’m really GAS-ing for ATM.

I do mildly regret a couple of times I missed a used Tetra in the $300 range, but that’s more of a “nice to have” than anything. I already have an analog mono desktop that I like anyway.

1 Like

Probably the bucla 400… not only would I not be able to afford it but I doubt I would ever find one to buy.

1 Like

Jupiter 8
PPG Wave
SH 101
Moog One
Andromeda

2 Likes