What's next for Elektron?

How is ROMpling better than sampling?

Just throw in a bunch of dialogue from Shenmue run through a cheap DAW reverb on its longest settings and I’m sold <3

1 Like

Imagine polyphony, 4 cheezy little multi-sampled ‘oscillators’ per voice and the Elektron sequencer/effects… I’m all ear :slight_smile:
Would be even more fun with an additional user-wave section, but even just an Elektron Rompler would kick ass if you ask me haha

It’s not.

2 Likes

DigiSID, Sidstation digi style with easy to use sythesis engine as digitone to FM.

Model: Mono, monophonic analogic sythetiser as Model:samples style.

Wavestation SR was my first proper synth too. Confused me no end.

1 Like

The price probably would be 2000+

I’m loving my Roland SoundCanvas SC-55.
The sounds are cheesy in isolation, but in a mix… not bad. Polyphony up the wazoo.

You mean Octatrack 2 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would pay for it without a doubt.

To reduce the waiting time and not being dependent on Elektron for long term support I would replace OB7 with class compliant USB audio (multitrack).

One point I’ve missed on your list:

• streaming audio to SSD (all tracks + inputs + main) = recording capabilities just limited by SSD size

Optional addition for geeks:

• FX plugins with public API and free development environment (similar to the custom oscillators on Prologue) so over time the machine can become a FX monster
1 Like

Perhaps it will have CV outs, but in a strange twist, it will be V/Hz instead of V/Oct…!

2 Likes

although…isn’t the issue with SID Station essentially that there aren’t enough SID chips left to do commercial synths anymore?

I mean, they can use the SID-esque engine out of the Monomachine I guess, but that’s not quite the same thing… and why would you limit it to just that?

1 Like

Yes, monomachine-like engine would be great… but anyway, i mean elektron have done good work around simplification FM on Digitone. The compromise perfect between simplicity and functionality. I’d like to see the same with SID or wavetable, for example. But i think, maybe the sid it’s more complex and it more sense to do that simplicity on there. Anyway, with chips sid or others compatibles.

Model:Cowbells

13 Likes

Portamento on the Digitone is hopefully something they’re working on.

2 Likes

Hell yeah. And midi arp, and scale per track. Ahem.

they go bankrupt because of MS and Behringer buys them :rofl:

1 Like

Dang, I didn’t know there was no scale per track. Octatrack has spoiled me :confused:

Hz/volt would be hilarious