What's next for Elektron?

Elektron should make a machine with 4 stereo inputs, and a bunch of super nice insert effect algorithms. It should also have an AH-like processor, and an analog compressor like the RYTM’s on the master. Finally, it should have a sequencer that can automate all the effects.

3 Likes

video synth

6 Likes

I realize that my dream machine (or, let’s be honest, one of them :nerd_face:) would be based on what’s already there - a cross between Octatrack and Digitakt:

from Digitakt:

• reverb/delay quality (wouldn’t mind if they were also send fx as in DT)
  • post-fx mutes!
  • pitch algorythm
  • filter envelope (although I like OT’s flexibility more)
  • compressor wth sidechain
  • threshold sampling
  • MIDI over usb!
  • Overbridge (no pun intended :stuck_out_tongue: )
  • per-pattern tempo
  • poly midi recording

from Octatrack:

• well… pretty much everything that makes Octatrack such an amazing machine. timestretching, slicing, track multipliers (!!! super useful), the 3xlfo’s, crossfader <3, master track, more outputs/inputs (and stereo!)…
    you probably can figure out the rest, but I’m not asking for crazy things like internal synths or anything like that…

then again, I don’t think this is ever going to happen, or not in many many years probably… but still, I would buy that in a heartbeat :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I would love to see:

Elektron Wave Table Granular Synthesizer with 16 voices
to compete with Access Virus and Waldorf

Overbridge support for Elektron Octatrack MK2 and Analog 4 MK2

3 Likes

never gonna happen

2 Likes

Overbridge support for OT2 is incredibly unfeasible- that’s 8 stereo tracks. Like- 16 mono channels over USB. Not to mention various methods such as Master Channel- which in it’s essence would render the separate channels pointless.

Not to mention the inputs, which would bring it up to 20 mono tracks. :open_mouth:

A4 mk2 is likely tho!

Oh man how many times will you request the impossible
OT doesn’t even have USB midi :loopy:

Curious, does OT2 use the same USB spec as OT1?

1 Like

I’m sure that amount of audio over usb is possible it’s just that elektron haven’t really managed satisfactory performance with OB (in my opinion). Can’t see it ever happening in any case :sleepy:

I leave you chaps with a famous quote by one of the greatest leaders in history

“Impossible only exists in the dictionary of fools”- Napoleon Bonaparte

well I am certainly not holding my breath given the track record thus far for MK2 OB support or lack of for AR/A4 MK2 right now.

or in the fact that there’s actually no physical connection to the DSP via USB, only the CF card interface…

3 Likes

well it could be potentially engineered in the future but I am not a hardware engineer so that may be impossible given the architecture.

1 Like

It’s possible but I highly doubt Elektron would release a new hardware revision of the mk2… what would those with the original mk2 machines do?

1 Like

yea I would be miffed if as a new MK2 owner a brand new architecture came out right away.

But (and since this thread is in the world of fiction or even fantasy) given that Elektron is doing a new keyboard, it could be the Octatrack keyboard, with Overbridge support. Everything has seamless Overbridge support after all. A new keyboard version of the OT won’t miff off the OT MkII owners and is a deep enough in re-engineering that it could be made OB hardware ready.

BTW:

Did you notice the Seamless Overbridge screen labels on the product pages went away.

Im always looking for instruments that compliment my existing arsenal, and not for ones that do the same only slightly better. So if Elektron releases a new keyboard device based on their current boxes, it should at least be able to extend their voicecount, so they can be played as one instrument with current boxes, but with more voices.

another nice new trend is to mix analog and digital, like the prologue and the prophet x do. speaking of which: a polyphonic sampler with analog filters and overdrive circuits combined with the elektron sequencer would be very nice indeed. it should have tunable cv outs like the a4 and sample inputs to ease automated sampling of modular synths.

it will only not miff the mk2 owners if a new keyboard-version got the same OS. but with the same OS overbridge is impossible…

2 Likes

Totally :slight_smile: it would have to be a much less well curated box than the usual, and users would have to expect to put in work. Yeah, not likely eh?

Elektron will come out with a granular sampler —they will have noticed all the fanfare with Quantum/Prophet X
My prediction it will be Analag Keys sized and their next product

1 Like