What's next for Elektron?

Man I wish I could go back to that time with a Digitakt.
No rent, get fed, tons of optimism, fully inspired, and nothing but time to fux with it.

Unless you meant, still at home, post 30, depressed, uninspired, hungry and broke with the folks asking when your getting a job

7 Likes

digital synthesizer, sequencer… Digitakt-sized, no touchscreen bullshit. $599 (probably $699) - slam dunk for Elektron.

FM+itakt

6 Likes

@Nagualizer @JuanSOLO

Some places in the world you are forced to live with you’re family for a very long time/forever due to real estate prices going sky high in short time and never going back to normal. Rent market being slaughtered by people trying to cash in on Airbnb.

I’ve been there, no houses, no apartments, nothing to rent for a decent price. Buying in the city today you have to have millions saved up to be able to… I had to move across the whole country to find something to rent that I can afford by myself.

2 Likes

Didn’t mean any disrespect.
For whatever it’s worth I haven’t been able to afford any Elektron gear until the last 8 years of my life, I’m 43

2 Likes

@JuanSOLO

no worries mate, I wasn’t offended at all and I liked those 3 years I had to move back in with my folks cause I spent the whole time making music :smiley:

Boom tcz Umm tcz :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m 36 had a bunch of synths 10 years ago went ITB and now I’ve gone hybrid, hooray for Elektrons and their Ob :slight_smile:

Same here. I’ve bought so many great iPad apps, but I just can’t make anything with it. Every time I try I just really hate the touch screen experience. If I want to use software I use my computer instead. Although I rather use my hardware.

1 Like

I vote for NO new products for a bit. They are so behind on so many things. Let them catch up and appease their existing customers first

6 Likes

This is a funny concept, especially since Elektron has been vocal about how things work.
It’s not like there’s 30 employees all working on the same thing, and they all hold focus to one project. There are multiple teams who specialize in various aspects of Elektrons offerings.
What are they supposed to do, have all the employees who can squash bugs stick around and squash bugs, if you can’t squash bugs go home until we’re ready to develope a new product?
These guys are maintaining a company, developing their future and their current products simultaneously.
To me it seems they definitely got room to grow and release new products while naturally attending to what they have with the current workforce.

4 Likes

That would be sweet. I have the tascam latest portastusio , but it doesn’t have midi !

1 Like

up next: digiredo. a digital didgeridoo with the digitakt form.

6 Likes

this indeed

:smiley: You know, after careful consideration I might actually prefer an orange (MD type) display color!

I’d love it if they did a sleek audio interface. Bluetooth enabled.
Wireless. Ipad companion
something tiny that could fit
in a pocket but with
some analog guts
like a compressor
limiter, overdrive…

Well now they’re hiring more software people - never can tell if that means some people left or they’re just expanding…

They’re hiring Cloud and DevOps, so my guess is some kind of subscription based service is in the works. Or maybe they’re going iOT like teenage engineering.

Yeah, but this thread is about speculation, far be it for me to have some fun with that.

2 Likes

Digitakt sized Monomachine and a capable FX box in the same format would be awesome :sunglasses:

2 Likes

That’s what I am hoping for…

The MM is my most wanted, but I would be happy with a Multi FX box as well. Or a 4 track portastudio in the DT format (see my earlier post)

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/whats-next-for-elektron/449/1109?u=alieninterference

1 Like

Already mentioned :wink: For me obviously an Analog Keys MKII (and why not with 8 tracks, ideally with sysex compatibility with the A4 for the first 4 tracks). I own and simultaneously use both the AK and the A4 mkII (which replaced an A4 mkI) and to be frank it would be coherent to have the AK eventually brought to the mkII standard.

1 Like