What's next for Elektron?

OK, let’s suppose that Elektron release an 8-voice AK MK2. How much would you expect it to cost? I think it would be in the €2.000-2.500 range.

I think they’d have trouble selling substantial numbers at more than 2k€ unless it brings more to the table than just another 4 voices and overall I think the market potential for a lower cost (talking DT ball park) digital poly is a lot better than for an analog behemoth.

3 Likes

I get the feeling it’ll be more small analog devices that can be controlled via Overbridge. They’ve spent a lot of time and effort developing the technology behind it so I expect to see more.

I’d like to see a successor to the Monomachine; a very modern and versatile synth with an Elektron sequencer and CV ins. Not holding my breath though.

1 Like

Forgot to mention currency, I was talking about Euros :slight_smile:

We are pretty close, $1.850 would be like €2.000-2.100 with VAT.

Also, the AK may cost $1.400 now but wasn’t it like $1.600 when it was first released?

…elektron registered “digitone” trademark last november…

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=doc&state=4810:2wd0pn.7.19

14 Likes

Great detective work there!

1 Like

You’re a good cop, maybe even the best. but you’re a loose cannon. I’m gonna have to ask for your gun and your badge detective

9 Likes

I will still have trouble in 2018 with them … can’t wait to see what it has to offer :slight_smile:
Namm 25/28 January mmm will soon know what’s happening there

Link seems to be broken now

4 Likes

Sweet. Good work. Commencing wild speculation mode…

Ok, Digitone will be the digitakt synth sibling, great news so far!

1 Like

More input for your Octatrack :smiley:

1 Like

and the winner is @sazi for his April January '17 submission :dizzy_face:

7 Likes

And for the prize, a holiday to Sweden where you will have a candlelit dinner for 2 with cenk himself! Congratulations!

10 Likes

That sounds like a prize for me instead :loopy:

23 Likes

What a gent. You’re a lucky man @sazi

2 Likes

but will we have a Digitone Keys and AK II double release? :wink:

1 Like

I´ll have to share the credit with @Jensu who posted this image. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So, a rumored trademark of a name based on a 100 year old Danish etiquette book apparently relates the DT to the possible new but still imaginary :elmm: thingy. :thinking:
It must be true!

6 Likes