What's next for Elektron?

“Easy to program, easy to update.”

That’s good.

what I really like about the OT is the fader. such a simple, but great tool for live performance. this is one reason for me, that the dt2 update is not a total OT killer, like what cuckoo said in the past

the update is very well thought out. im curious if there will be another dt1 update, that adds a few of these new features, that seem like they don’t use more cpu. but I’m not familiar with the tech inside

would be great to get the ui updates, the euclidian mode and the chorus effect

1 Like

What’s next for Elektron: Hexatrack

1 Like

How will this stand against AR you think?

Hey does anyone know if this thing has page loop? I haven’t seen it mentioned once.

With a 128 step seq that seems like a curious omission. Especially since the AR has it.

It has it

2 Likes

To me, what this also implies is that the DT2 will be a much more general purpose device than the DT1 ever was. Before now all Elektron devices have been very purpose built with great focus in mind. Definitely part of that is just design philosophy but I’m sure processing power and its limits have also played a part in that. Interesting times ahead.

2 Likes

Well alrighty then.

1 Like

Check loopop video 16min mark. Showcased there.

2 Likes

no comparison imo, in fact, I think the gap between apples and oranges have grown, sure there’s some overlap in performance with the page loops and kits but otherwise two different machines.
I’d love the trig modes on rytm that’s for sure, it would make whole lot of sense. and compressor routing.
but without synthesis, proper performance mode as in macros/scenes I’d still lean towards rytm.

Lol all of my hypothetical naysaying when I first saw this thing was also already implemented by elektron :grinning:

Aaaaaand gone the first batch :smiley:

1 Like

It seems they changed the basic sound of the unit for the revision, and my ears don’t like it at all. The Digitakt for me occupied a unique sweet spot between vintage sampler and modern/sterile DAW sample playback. It definitely has a sound, and this was a very strong argument for it. The II sounds very crisp, but for me, in a rather bad way, giving me bad vibes, in your face digital aggressive…? At least in the presets and examples I heard so far.

I will stay away until someone can show me its beauty.

Oh weird it wasn’t showing for me for a bit but it’s there now. Preordered lol

1 Like

It does, Loopop has demonstrated it in his video.

That sounds like a really long drive! My guy said they’re expecting them next week.

1 Like

On the truck to Sweetwater :slight_smile:

Then another to me.

2 Likes

Let’s continue the discussion there:

Let’s get back to topic now ^^

OTII confirmed

4 Likes